Chapter Two

I run towards the forest, where I know that Magartha and her army are headed. Don't tell me why, but I know. From there, I quickly cut off a piece of of my white shirt with my sword. Suddenly, Magartha and her army come running through, I just hold out the white fragment of my shirt as a sign I don't wish to harm them when they stop and stare at me. Magartha laughs.

"Very well, I had thought I killed you with that cut to the throat, but you have my own healing powers. What do you want?" Magartha asks.

"To talk, with you alone. I promise I won't attack if you don't first," I quickly say, my fear growing shorter and my hatred growing larger. I know what I'm about to do is risky, but I have to take the risk that she'll follow what I say.

A few moments of silence seem like an hour while Magartha debates whether or not this is a trap. Finally, she sighs.

"Very well, I agree to talk to you," she turns away from me and addresses her army.

"Go away," she says. They all nod and turn, going back to way they came. Then, Magartha turns to me, and motions to sit on one of the boulders that were placed in the ground. I sit, and so does she. Several moments of silence pass.

"I came to ask you something. Why are you attacking this camp?" I blurt out, uncomfortable being so close to the one who made me fear her.

"Why should I be telling you? I should be attacking you right now," Magartha grins. I don't flinch, but keep staring at her.

"Alright, alright. I want to. I needed to see you again and know how you managed to push me out of your body and why I couldn't take your soul," Magartha confesses. I narrow my eyes at her.

"Who's body are you using right now?" I ask, needing to clarify that she has returned. Magartha just grins.

"My own. You see, I was killed in this very camp, fifty years ago. I got revenge on the one who killed me, by killing him back. So you have no idea how to kill me. I found an ancient potion that would resurrect spirits to their original form, and that is what my partner and I did," Magartha explains.

"You're not working alone?" I ask. Magartha nods, and it seems like that grin will never leave her face.

"No, and don't even bother to try to get his name out of me," she says. I roll my eyes.

"Wasn't going to try, no point in doing so," I say, "you seem very open in telling me all this, why would you do that?" I ask, wondering because Magartha didn't seem the type to do that.

"Because, I'm going to kill you," Magartha quickly gets up and draws her sword, slashing it across my own wrist, causing her's to open as well. She doesn't even flinch while I clench my teeth. I draw my own blade just as she makes to my throat, looking to kill. I dive and my blade is in my hand before I know it.

I cut, I slash, I dodge, but no matter what I do, Magartha seems to be one step ahead of me. A realization hits me. I have no idea how to kill her without killing me. But I have no time to think as Magartha takes that moment to try and hit me again. Her face is laughing, her body shows no sign of tiring as I feel my own arms weakening, and my reactions slowing.

"Well, well, well, I thought that you would be better. Apparently, I was wrong," Magartha laughs. She kicks my feet out from under me and I fall to the ground, I hit my head against the rock and I see stars swim into my vision, and the edges blacking out. I struggle to stay awake as Magartha holds her sword point to my throat.

"Now, are you ready to die?" Magartha hisses. Suddenly, a voice calls out to me.

"LILY!" Lucas's voice yells as he charges into the clearing. His cheek is slashed and blood slowly trickles down, and he limps. But his face is set in cold hard fury as he runs as fast as he can towards me. But he's too far. I look up to see Magartha looking away, and I take that moment to react instinctively. I remember Frank telling me something about all healer's abilities, something like they can't heal death.

I look up and almost no time has past, but I know this is my last shot. I ram my sword through Magartha's stomach, and my own opens up. Blood squirts out but I'm too focused to care about the pain. Instead of taking my sword out, I leave it in and heave myself to my feet. I grab Magartha's head while she's stunned and look over her shoulder. Lucas is standing, pale white as he realizes what I'm doing.

"No!" He sprints to me.

"I love you," I say as I twist, snapping Magartha's neck and killing her instantly. The last thing I see is Lucas's face, tears streaming down his cheeks as the world suddenly goes white.

AHHHHHHHH! I love writing this part! Just don't think I'm horrible for this. Okay? Okay. (For those of you who know what I just did there, (; )