Chapter Two

I open my eyes and look outside. The same boy is sitting there, alone this time. I look at him.

“Who are you? Lily won’t give me her memories. Why do you still hold on to empty hope that Lily will return to you?” I ask him. The boy smiles.

“Lily is strong. Too strong for you. That is why you can’t access her memories, she is still fighting you,” the boy says. I glare at him and shut the shutters. I wander around, bored.

Day after day I repeat the same thing. Gregory still has not contacted me, and I worry about him. My calls will not be answered, so I know he is not at his home. I pull the shutters up to see people are wandering around. The same boy is talking to another man, older than him. He sighs, and they disappear from my sight. I close the shutters, and turn around. Suddenly, the door opens and closes. I stand with my back turned.

“Why did you come?” I ask.

“To get back the girl I love,” the boy says. I then feel a blade cut my skin, and feel myself heal. I turn around to see the boy who always stands outside.

“The girl you love is gone. Her soul doesn’t fight anymore,” I lie. Now, she is fighting harder than ever.

“I don’t believe you, Magartha. Lily would never stop fighting as long as someone still thinks about her. And I’ll be the one who continues to think until I take my last breath,” the boy whispers. I smile.

“That can be arranged,” I say before discarding all his weapons and grabbing his neck. He struggles against my hold as I slowly tighten my hand.

“Let’s let all of you First Worlders watch and see the proof that Lily is no more,” I sneer as I wave my hand. The shutters fly open and people watch us as I slowly kill the boy.

Suddenly, I feel so much pain. So much. I let go of the boy and hurl myself away. I gasp for breath as the boy does the same.

“Run, get away. Don’t come back!” Lily forces from my mouth. I hold my hand to my throat as I can’t breath. The boy runs away as I struggle back for control.

“You see, I will never. .  .stop. . .fighting,” Lily says. I struggle to get her back under control while everyone outside screams for her to fight it, fight me. I finally get her back under control and I turn to the crowd, my breath heaving.

“You think this proves anything? This means nothing!” I yell at them before shutting the shutters. I pace around.

“You are under my control, Lily. You can not beat me,” I whisper. I then smiles, and continue to walk around, waiting for Gregory to call me to say that my potion is ready.

*    *    *    *

A month passes, and Gregory still doesn’t call me, but Lily gets stronger and fights harder instead of giving up. I lay around most of the time keeping my strength, battling with her. Suddenly, I get up, my body reacting from other forces besides my own. I open up the shutter. People stare at me, and I have no idea what I’m doing. Then, I feel like my throat closes up, and I can’t breath. I sink to the ground, and feel Lily fighting harder than ever.

“I am stronger than you,” she whispers. I gasp for air. Then, I pass out.

“You are weak!” I scream at her, but feel so weak myself. Lily appears, and she towers over me. She punches me in the face.

“This is my body, not yours,” she whispers. She leans down to look at me in the face, and I close my eyes.

When I open them, I’m still on my knees.

“I am light, you are dark.” Lily says. She slowly starts to stand up.

“Darkness-will-always-win,” I gasp.

“I am fighting for love, you are fighting for hate,” Lily stands up straight.

“You-are-weak,” I struggle.

“Love is stronger than hate,” Lily screams. I arch my back and my mouth open in a scream, but no sound comes out. Darkness surrounds me for a second and I open my eyes to see Lily glaring at me in anger.

“You can not come here again. Your spirit is not able to come here again! Go!” She yells and raises her arms. A flash of light and that’s all I remember before not being able to see anything.