13. Ex-Friends - Part Four

Start from the beginning

"Pay attention," the teacher brought the class back, you looking back almost reluctantly.

"Someone's jealous," your friend muttered, causing you to kick her shin to shut her up, though your cheeks were just as red as Peter's were.

She couldn't be right. Even if Peter was trying to fix things, he wouldn't be jealous that you might get a date to the homecoming. You were nothing more than a friend to him in the past, and now you weren't even that. She was being ridiculous.

Besides, with the whole confusing Spider-Man situation, you didn't want to take a date to homecoming. It wouldn't feel right to dance with someone else, if it wasn't Spider-Man. And, if you admitted it to yourself, if it wasn't Peter either.

Unfortunately, the thought of Spider-Man brought you back to your previous thoughts, and the rest of the day you couldn't get them out of your head.

By the time school was over, you were exhausted. Mentally and physically. For some reason your gym teacher thought it would be a great idea to make the students run two miles around the track, which you didn't enjoy at all, so the whole walk home your muscles were screaming in protest.

You were grateful for the shower awaiting you, and comfy pajama pants and a sweatshirt you found. Your parents were out again that night, so you had chosen to stay in and watch movies in the living room until way past eleven.

Once you decided it was late enough to go to bed, you trudged into your room, the tiredness hitting you like a truck. But it immediately disappeared when you saw a familiar figure outside your window, waving at you.

You tried not to run to the window, your heart beating quickly in your chest. He came back, you thought giddily to yourself. But you instantly felt bad when you noticed he was clutching his shoulder.

"We really gotta stop meeting like this," you managed to say as you helped him into the window. You took notice that he wasn't nearly as hurt as last time, but still it was bad enough.

He let out a laugh as you sat him on the bed, "You should see the other guy."

"I'm having deja vu right now," you said cheekily, grabbing the first aid kit from the bathroom. "You aren't too badly hurt this time, are you?"

"Not too bad," he said, "Maybe a few bruises."

"Could I get you some ice?" You asked, raising a brow. He hesitated for a moment but nodded, so you left the room to grab some from the fridge, keeping quiet.

When you came back, he had already pulled his mask up halfway and you saw the nasty bruise on his jawline, making you frown.

"Suit off," you demanded, noticing his smirk when he pressed the spider emblem, letting it slide down his body. You managed not to blatantly check him out this time, brushing your fingers against his shoulder where there were more bruises and cuts. You handed him the ice pack, then reached for the first aid kit.

He winced slightly, but muttered a "thanks" and held it to his jaw. You got some cotton balls with rubbing alcohol and cleaned some of the smaller cuts on his collarbone, glad it wasn't as terrible as that first night.

You two remained in silence for a moment while you cleaned out his cuts, feeling his eyes on you. Every once in a while you had to push your glasses back up your nose so you could still concentrate.

"Cute glasses," he commented, making you blush and roll your eyes.

"I couldn't find my contacts this morning," you replied, dabbing at his cut some more, "I don't like them too much."