Vampire | Keith |

Y/n Devoe

It was late in the semester of my senior year at Langston high.

I had always been an outcast there, ever since my freshman year when Jessica Stanley spilled her milk on my pants and told everyone that i peed myself.

Now that i think about it, I'm an outcast in my own home too. My parents are divorced. I lived with my mom and her big shot NFL playing boyfriend in a loft in New york. My mom is the type of mom that you see in movies ; undeniably sweet and optimistic but still, very stuck up. She likes going to really expensive restaurants and dressing up in jewels, but i like Mcdonald's and adidas sweatpants.

Her boyfriend, Lance is going to Washington to try and start a business of his own that concerns sports gear and other things that athletes need. My mom offered to stay with me but i know that being without him would make her unhappy . so i decided to go stay with my father until they get back from Washington.

Ronnie, my father, lives in Sacramento, California. I used to fly out to Sacramento every summer and stay with him but that stopped after i turned 14. Why? i don't know. i just didn't feel the need to. I thought i had every thing i needed in new york.... But.. maybe Sacramento is the scenery i need. this will be a good thing.. I Hope ..

             ------------------

Sacramento, California

"And, this is your room" 

I arrived at Ronnie's house about 10 minutes ago. He has a big home, but he's always alone. He was an outcast like me. He didn't have many friends and he couldn't find anybody to peak his interest. He's been alone since him and moms divorce 8 years ago. With him being the most known business man in South Sac it was hard to find someone who wanted him for him and not his money.

I looked around my room in awe. It was beautiful. It was purple and gold themed with Christmas lights decorating the top corners of the wall.

"You like purple right? I remember as a little girl you would always make me buy you purple clothes and shoes."

"Yeah, yeah. This is fine." I nodded, still looking around the room. There was an awkward silence for about 5 seconds

"Alright then, i'll leave you to it."  and with that he turned on his heels and walked out, closing the door behind him.

That's the good thing about Ronnie.. he doesn't hover.

I set my stuff on the ground and sigh, Sitting on the corner of my new bed.

I start at South Sacramento high tomorrow... I just.. I hope i fit in.

           -------------------

Next Morning

"Y/n!"

Today is the day that i go to SSH. I have never been so nervous in my life. I tried my best to look normal today. I sported a yellow Tommy Hilfiger halter hoodie with high waisted ripped jeans and yellow harraches. This is what people wear these days right?

"Y/n!!" I hear Ronnie yell from downstairs again.

"I'm coming!" I fluff my hair out and apply lipgloss before throwing it into my bag, grabbing my phone, and heading downstairs.