Chapter One. Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

I sighed as my boss yelled at me again.
"You lost another batch of fruit to some felynes!? Do you know how hard it is to get another batch of fruit nowadays!? With Monsters blocking all the trade routes, people are too scared to travel!" He yelled.
I sighed and replied,"Sir, I'm sorry. It's just that as I was riding the horse to the Iron Fortress, I was ambushed by a whole gang of them."
My boss growled and then he crossed his arms.
"Get out of my house. I've given you too many chances. Your fired." He said as he pushed me away.
"Sir please! I need this job to support myself—"
"Should've though of that before you went and messed everything up."
I glared at him and left his house. I looked around, seeing men hoisting stuff onto carts. People riding mules and horses, I continued walking until I arrived at my home. A small wooden cabin.
I open the door, seeing my best friend William sleeping on a chair. As I walked towards the cooking area, William woke up.
"Klein is that you?" William asked as he rubbed the sleepiness from his eyes.
"Aye." I answered.
"I'm thankful I woke up then." William said as he stood up.
He walked over to me and grinned widely.
"Why are you smiling?" I asked.
"I finally got us a job. You can quit your other boring job, because I found us a new exciting job!" He exclaimed.
"Oh yeah...I got fired."
"That's perfect then! Look." William said as he pulled out a piece of paper out of his pocket.
He showed it to me and I read it.
This is a message from the Kingdom, anyone wanting to become a Hunter in order to help clear the trade routes please arrive at your village's town hall tonight.
I then looked at William.
"William, we're not meant to be hunters. Look at us, we can barely lift a mule. Haven't you seen the size of the weapons that hunters carry around. There's no way we can carry those." I said.
William frowned and crossed his arms.
"We are going. The reward we get is 1000 z each! Each! We could finally buy ourselves a actual house to live in!" William whined.
I groaned.
If we were to take the jobs, then we would get 2000 z in total. That's more z than I used to make in a year. I guess we should take the jobs.
"Alright William, we'll take the jobs."
William cheered as he jumped, pumping his arm into the air. I chuckled.
•••
The moon is out, shining her light down on the ground.
William and I walked side by side as we made our way to the village's town hall. We soon arrived in front of the giant marble building, with stairs lining up in front of it. Statues of some monster around the building.
We walked up the stairs and then I pushed open the door. William and I were surprised to see we were the only ones here.
"So you two are the only ones who decided to show up. What a disappointing Village." A deep masculine voice said from behind.
We turned around and saw a dark skinned man, with scars on his face, wearing some incredible looking armor. With a big sword on his back.
"W-who are you?" William asked.
"I'm called Nesh."
"What type of armor do you have?" I asked as well.
"I got this armor from a Elder Dragon, by the name of Kushala Daora. Had to track about seven of them to get a full set. The last one left me all these scars on my face. Anyways, I'm here to contract any new hunters. I'm disappointed to see only two scrawny looking men here, but I guess it'll have to do." Nesh said.
He pulled out a scroll from a pouch and started to read it,"Are you two ready to pledge your allegiance to the Kingdom of Zara and to do anything to keep the Guild safe?"
I looked at William, he nodded.
"Yes we are." We replied.
"Are you two ready to get attacked and possibly killed by large species of monsters?"
"Y-yes we are."
"Alright then. Tomorrow at dawn be ready to be assigned to villages to work for. Understand!?" Nesh growled.
"YESIR!!" William and I shouted.