After you'd told me you hadn't eaten anything for lunch. I went to the kitchen and stole two triangle-shaped sandwiches. "Thanks, Harry," you said taking the jam one I'd offer you.

We were there, me leaning on the wall and you sat on the windowsill eating jam sandwiches. I think that was the moment we both became friends— proper friends—where we ate in a tranquil silence.

You got me into actually playing footy, although I was never as good as you. You taught me how to dribble the ball around cones and how to kick it properly, with the side of my foot. Those times were the best.

You know right now I'm smiling, and I know it's crazy considering everything that's happened, but I can't help it.

Thinking about those times where we'd spend hours watching Arsenal play Chelsea or kick a ball around with the lads. It was a laugh, you've got to admit that.

It wasn't long before people couldn't say our names without each other in a sentence, it was always "Jaime and Harry" or "Harry and Jaime". You'd get into so much trouble, and just because I was your closest friend Mike and Shelley would always assume I was involved too.

It was never fair when I was sent to the time-out room as a punishment for something you did. It really never was because I never did anything for you to get unfairly punished for.

You were the troublemaker and somehow I became your behind the scenes helper. The Robin to your Batman. The Patrick to your Spongebob. The Ron Stoppable to your Kim Possible.

I was always the wingman. Always behind you. Always the one to make sacrifices for you.

You were a real bloody dick at times. I knew you'd purposely try and make me look bad most of the time because if you were next to me, in comparison you'd only look about, what, five hundred times better.

That was the thing about you, Jaime. You had a big ego.

But of course, when we were in secondary school it got that much worse because puberty hit and you grew to be six-foot-one. Finally, your shadow caught up with your damn ego, as you surpassed me by an inch and boy you didn't let me forget it.

The thing is I got comfortable in your shadow. I got used to having someone to sit with me at dinner and at lunch in Aldertree. I got used to being around you, even if all you talked about was how hot some random girl was or how Mr Wood was a dick for giving you detention.

All our conversations were just you.

It was always your topics of conversation.

It was always your voice bitching like some moody, fake-tanned chav about the latest gossip. I remember the day I was disgusted at just how much your ego had inflated.

"Harry, come look at what Jack just sent me," you said shoving your Motorolla flip phone in my face. "Isn't it wicked?" You asked me as I realised it was a picture of a girl's breasts.

"Ew Jaime, that's gross, get that away from me," I said and you laughed. You laughed so loud people in the classroom turned their heads around to see the heck was going on.

"For Pete's sake Harry, where are your balls? Have they even hung yet?" You said loudly, and then you grabbed my crotch area.

"Get the fuck off me!" I shouted standing up from my chair and you just laughed louder. The class had joined in by this point.

"Alright Haz, don't get your knickers in a twist!" You said trying to diffuse the situation but you laughed so hard your hand banged the table and our whole class then broke out in a riot of laughter. Micheal fell out of his chair, Josh was rolling on the floor and Milo was on his hands and knees.