I meet "The Man in Charge"

I ascended to the world beyond. A road comprised of light itself led me to "The Man in Charge." He sat on his throne surrounded by worshippers and adorned with jewels. Chimwu rippled across his arms mimicking the path of his veins. They eventually spread to his finger tips and were expelled in the form of light to all creation, nourishing it.. I gaped, captivated by his magnificence. Powerful yet poised, he welcomed me to go in front of him.
"Shane," he said with a booming voice.
"I've allowed you to recall memories of your past. Not to torment you, but for your benefit."
"Although it may seem that you died last night, it has been roughly one thousand years since you've left Earth."
"The man who killed your family is wreaking havoc on earth. He's corrupting men and women to kill for him. There are people in the world like you Shane. They posses power within their soul that is dangerous to him." he paused."That makes you-"
"The Chosen One?"
"No."
Embarrassed, I stammered, "Well, I figured I was the chosen one since, well, you allowed me to recall memories of my past."
"Personally, that's not the title I perceived would fit you," he admitted.
"Residents of Earth need a new leader with previous experience," he concluded.
"Before I send you back to Earth you should know the ways of the world."
He weaved a tale about wars, slavery, riots, government evolution, cultural evolution;etc. He spoke about the many changes in technology from actual dinosaurs to hand held devices, in which communication is possible.
"When you arrive on earth you will appear to resemble a twenty first century man in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. "
I intend to eliminate the carnage before it begins as the NLPE.
"The Mark will reveal you to him. His revelation may lead to the death of those who come in contact with you, and your death as well."