oo | just listen to me

Start from the beginning

He'd tried to send letters before, but they were never sent. Instead, they ended up in the wrong hands, most recently Killer Kieran's and why to get them back he had to pay with a bloody beating.

"Harry, are you bleeding?" She asked, placing the envelope on the bedside table. She lifts up his shirt to see a rag wrapped around his stomach.

"Don't," he said as he begins to lose consciousness. Doctor Reid's eyes find the inmates green ones, she knew it was too late and she knew he knew it too. Harry grabs the envelope from the bedside table and hands it out to Doctor Reid, "just listen to me."

The doctor nods and takes it from the inmate's hand. His hand drops from the air, his eyes closed and with his last breath, he said a woman's name.

The doctor checks his pulse with two fingers and looked at her watch. "Time of death, 14:37."

➜➜➜

A MESSY FLAT IN HACKNEY, A SUNDAY, CHRISTMAS EVE, 2017

DETECTIVE SARGENT Dyer WALKING INTO HIS LIVING ROOM, DOCTOR Reid, FOLLOWING HIM IN.

"So what do you want that couldn't wait till the new year, Dr Reid?" Dyer said sitting back down on his grey suede IKEA sofa.

"Did you hear about who died today?" She asked him, her voice steady.

"I've been off sick since Thursday," Dyer responded. "What's happened?"

"Harry Styles died today." Dyer looked up at Reid to see the blue sorrowful look over-taking her features and he gave her the distasteful scowl he'd give to sweet black coffee. It didn't make sense to him, why she'd care.

"That scum deserved it," Dyer spits, scratching his unshaved beard.

"Before he died he told me to give you this. I think you should read it. You and I both know the only reason he was convicted was — the prosecution and the jury. Harry's words were 'just listen to me'," she said taking out the envelope from her messenger bag.

"Are you sure he said, 'just listen to me'?"

"He did. Does it mean anything?"

"That's the last thing he said in the interrogation room before the charges came in," Dyer said looking at the blood stain on the envelope in the doctor's hands.

"I see," she said handing it out to him. "Maybe you should listen to him now."

➜➜➜

"Unless the sun inside you is

burning your gut,

don't do it."

Charles Bukowski

➜➜➜

CAST

HARRY STYLESHimself

HARRY STYLES ➜ Himself