The moon shone round and high in the sky, its details easily outlined. And the stars, oh the stars. There were tens of millions, hundreds of millions of tiny pinpricks of lights in the sky - some twinkling and the few planets not. Not only were there more stars than they could possibly imagine, but once they let their eyes focus to the light, they could see the Milky Way painted across the sky in front of them.

"It's so beautiful," Ryan gaped, leaning his head on Shane's shoulder.

"What are the chances of us getting abducted by aliens right here and now?" Shane murmured, almost whispered near Ryan's ear. Ryan laughed a little, turning his head towards his shoulder.

"Don't be ridiculous," he huffed, "But you know very well the chances of there being life by at least one of those stars."

"Hmmm? Then what about ghosts? Demons? Do you think there's any haunted places near here?"

"Definitely."

"Not scared though, huh. I haven't heard you comment about the dark forest behind us yet."

Ryan shrugged: "Only demons are the scary ones I guess."

"Huh?" Shane lifted himself off him to be able to look at his face. "You're still scared of demons?"

"Yeah." He made eye contact with Shane. "If I'm killed, whatever. If a demon gets me, I'm dragged down to hell for an eternity. Yes, I'm scared of them."

"You're so selfish," Shane mumbled, leaning back against him. "I don't want you to die again. What if the ghosts get me? I don't care, but I don't want you to go through the same thing I almost had to." Ryan was silent for a while, fiddling with the sleeves of his sweater.  A car passed quickly behind them.

"Whatever," Shane sighed, "As long as you're safe."

"Hey, Shane?" His voice was hushed.

"Yeah?"

"Can... can I kiss you?"

"Hm?"

"Can I kiss you?"

"... Yeah."

...

"Ryan?"

"Hm?"

"You're cute."

"And you're gorgeous."

"You got me there."

"Hmhm."

...

"Stop rubbing your fingers like that Shane, you're tickling me. I'll move away."

"Is that why you were squirming-? No wait, I'll stop... is this better?"

"Yeah."

...

"Can I say something that may or may not ruin the moment?"

"Try me."

"You still kinda taste like you had Burger King."

They broke apart just enough to stare at each others eyes and burst out into laughter.

"Damn, and I thought the gum I had earlier worked," Shane shook his head, stretching his legs out.

"That's partially why I said that."

"Well can I say something that may ruin the mood even further?"

"Why not?" Ryan giggled, leaning against Shane.

"I'm pretty sure I saw Bigfoot come and watch us make out under the stars from those trees down there."

"You big liar," Ryan poked his side repeatedly, "And we were not making out just yet."

"Do you wanna?" Shane leaned in closer, nuzzling Ryan's cheek teasingly.

"Maybe when we set up camp... you still have to find us somewhere to sleep."

"All right," Shane resigned, standing up and assisting Ryan around and behind the rock they were sitting on with him.

"Hey, look! Shane! Did you see that?"

"The meteor?"

"Shooting star, try and be a romantic."

"Yeah I saw it."

"Quick, make a wish."

...

"What did you wish for?" Shane eyed Ryan, who still had his eyes shut.

"What did you?" He opened his eyes and stared directly at Shane.

...

"Don't kiss me to avoid answering."

"Oh wow, my wish already happened. That was quick."

"Shane... try and take it a little more seriously..."

"What? It came true though."

"... Make a better wish when it's 11:11 then."

"You're so superstitious. I can't believe I have such a superstitious boyfriend."

"..."

"... I can call you my boyfriend... right?"

"Only if you let me call you my boyfriend."

"Deal."

...

"I love you."

"Love you too."

_____________

Sorry this is like a month late (I've been so busy), but I'm finally done!! About 4 eps into the new bfu season rip. (also) thank you guys so much for 3k reads so far on this story, I'm glad you guys liked it!
Edit: I just added a picture of the place I was thinking about when I while I was writing this chapter; I forgot I had taken it while I was there :^)

I have been promising a new fic for this season, and yes, it's still on its way. I'll post a preview here when I publish it :)