chapter two

Dinner ended, and the guests now had time to social with each other. Naomi's father had introduced her to many people that she's heard of, but never met. She was beginning to feel exhausted, and almost unbearably thirsty.

Naomi's achy feet walked her back to the table that she'd drifted far away from. She refilled her water glass and took a sip. Just as Naomi went to set the glass down, the boy from before came walking over. The soft smile on his lips never seemed to fall as he said hello to different guests while making his way to Naomi's table.

"Hello, I don't believe we've met." He stated, before holding his hand out. Naomi held out her hand, and the boy gently brought it up to his lips.

Naomi chuckled nervously. She wasn't used to be treated like such royalty. "No, I don't believe we have. I'm Naomi." She replied as the boy let go of her hand.

"I'm Grayson. Care to walk with me?" He asked. Naomi stammered before closing her mouth and nodding. Grayson held out his arm, and Naomi grabbed onto it.

"So, are you the captain's son?" Naomi asked after a moment.

The boy, Grayson, laughed. "Yes, I am. What exactly gave it away?"

"Just the fact that you were sitting beside him during dinner. Any ordinary kid wouldn't have the pleasure of doing that." Naomi replied. The two were now mostly out of the crowd, and were heading out onto the deck of the ship.

"See, Naomi, no one here is ordinary. Whether you're on the top floor or the bottom floor, we're all on Titanic!" Grayson grinned as he gestured towards his surroundings with his free hand. The two young adults were now outside, looking out at the starry night sky. The air was cool, but there was no breeze.

"You sound very proud of yourself, Grayson." Naomi pointed out.

The boy gently shook his head. "I think this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Not everyone can say they've traveled on the greatest ship that's ever sailed, now can they?" Grayson asked with a wink.

"No, I guess not."

"You're not very enthusiastic about this. Do you have the flu or something?" Grayson joked. Naomi swallowed heavily as she shook her head.

"I-I'm fine." She replied, feeling her shoulders becoming tense.

"Are you sure? I just felt your grip get much tighter."

"I, uh, my mother...she died three years ago from the flu." Naomi said quietly.

"Oh, i'm very sorry." Grayson replied. Naomi knew the boy immediately felt terrible for his seemingly harmless comment.

"It's alright. Would you like to go back inside now? I've grown quite cold." Naomi asked. She rubbed at her arm with her free hand, feeling the goosebumps that had formed. She also looked down, noticing her arm was still interlocked with Grayson's.

"Yes, let's go." Grayson replied, and the pair made their way back inside the dining hall.

____________

Here's some info about the characters. Please keep in mind that the movie is based around the 1910s era (the ship sank in 1912) so they didn't have the medicine to cure the flu, like what we have today. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter though!

 I hope you all enjoyed this chapter though!