Chapter One ~ MICHAEL!

((A/N: I wasn't happy with the original way it was written, and I feel like I didn't really portray Faith in a good light. Also I'm using Senpai's original story!))

"Drive safe!" Michael Afton waved to his parents as the purple car backed out of the driveway, the pair departing for a date night which left him with his two younger siblings.

As soon as the door was shut, and the violet car flew out of sight down the lonesome night road, Michael almost cried out in relief. His younger brother, Ryan, actually did begin crying.

"Ryan, dude, calm down! We're safe for another night!" the sweet voice, coated with a copy of their father's signature British accent cooed to her brother, despite the head of orange being the baby of the family.

"S-Sorry! I ... I-I just w-w-wanted t-to use this time ... to l-let out t-the pain..."

Feet moving silently across the carpet, Michael sat down next to his siblings on the floor. Even though Ryan was the only one in tears, Grace's green eyes sparkled with their unshed tears, even the black-haired older brother had a hard time holding back tears.

"Has anything changed? What's come up now?" Michael kept his voice as steady as he could, despite its wavering with uncertainty and concealed emotion.

"Umm... yeah... I-I-I g-guess nothing t-terrible! S-She just yelled a-a-at me a b-bit..."

"Ryan. Tell me the truth."

"She f-f-freaked out b-because I-I-I-I'm still afraid o-of the r-r-robots..." Ryan swallowed, face red and tear-stained, "'Told m-me t-t-to grow u-up and u-use my brain..."

Ryan fell so deep into hysterics that he couldn't speak. Felt a bubble of emotion well up in his throat that kept him from swallowing back the dryness of his mouth. His normally headstrong and witty sister let a few tears bleed out of the emeralds that still sparkled. Even their normally 'tough' older brother couldn't hold back the tears that rolled down his cheeks.

"What can we do Mikey?"

"I don't know anymore Gracie..."

RING! RING! RING!

The bright red phone that sat on the countertop rang, causing Michael to dry his tears and sound as if nothing had happened, clearing his throat.

"Hello? Hello!"

"MIKE?"

"Oh, hello Henry!"

"MICHAEL! THIS IS URGENT!"

"Woah, woah! What happened? Who's gonna die?"

"YOUR PARENTS!"

"Haha, very funny."

"MICHAEL YOUR PARENTS ARE IN THE HOSPITAL!"

"Wait... what!?"

"MICHAEL—"

"Calm down Henry!"

"MICHAEL I'M SERIOUS YOU NEED TO TAKE YOUR SIBLINGS AND COME OVER TO OUR HOUSE RIGHT NOW!"

"What!?"

"DO YOU NEED HARMONY TO PICK YOU GUYS UP?"

"Uhh... no. Why? What's going on?"

"YOUR PARENTS WERE IN A BAD CAR CRASH I NEED YOU THREE OVER HERE RIGHT NOW—"

Michael cut off the hysterical Henry mid-sentence, deciding to ignore him. After all, Henry was usually panicking. And, in all honesty, he wasn't the brightest bulb of the group. He probably got one of his crazy delusions from the news or something.

What he didn't expect, was for his younger siblings to call out his name from the front foyer.

"MICHAEL!"

By now, the oldest Afton child's name didn't even sound like a word anymore as he ran up to the door, where his two younger siblings held the door open where the waitress of Fredbear's stood. He knew exactly who it was by her vibrant green eyes, and bobbed fiery hair.

"Harmony? What are you doing here?" Michael asked, putting his hands on the shoulders of the smaller children, despite trusting Henry's docile and airheaded wife.

"I'm sorry guys, but I need to come pick you three up. I'm sure Henry told you about the crash."

Once again, Michael's soft, blank eyes held back tears of diamond, "Wait... it can't be true!"

"I'm sorry Michael, but your parents are in the hospital right now—"

"ARE MUM AND DAD OKAY?" Ryan screamed too loudly for the quiet, wintery night.

"Hush! They'll be fine! We were just told to look after you three! C'mon, let's go see Charlie and Sammy!"

Harmony ushered them into the back of the car too quickly, and Michael rode shotgun, pressing his forehead to the coolish window of the car, watching the night pass by.

"It can't be true!"