"Great. See you there beautiful." He said and I disconnected. I went to the room I have using since my injury (because I had been told to avoid stairs, I had to sleep downstairs), brushed my hair and pulled out an elastic skirt and a blue long sleeve blouse and slippers. I didn't even makeup. I didn't care, I just wanted to do it and be over and done with it. I brushed my hair and went back to my movie to kill time until 5:30.

When it was finally 5:30pm, I drove out and followed the directions he sent to me and when I got to the quaint restaurant, I looked at my reflection in the mirror and only 7 words fleeted through my mind over and over again as I got down and walked into the restaurant.

This is going to be a disaster...

***********

It hadn't been a disaster. Jason had actually been amazing right from the start. I found out he lived with his two younger sisters and a fat ginger tabby.

The restaurant had been a cozy little normal place, so I ended up not being or feeling underdressed.

I looked at my wrist watch to check the time, expecting it to barely be 8pm only to find out it was almost 10pm. I gasped in shock because it had definitely not felt that long.

"I have to go Jay. It's very late and I really hate night driving and staying out late." I said as I put my phone in my purse and grabbed the food I ordered from the restaurant. I was not ready to cook anything to eat. I also planned on ordering pizza on my way home.

Jason and I walked out and towards my car and as I got in, Jason made a statement that made me pause.

"I don't think you'll be driving yourself home tonight."

"Why?" I asked, sounding as confused as I looked.

"Your front tire is flat. Totally flat...though I can change it for you if your spare is here."

I sighed as I facepalmed myself. My spare tire was flat too. At that moment, my best friends voice floated through my head as I remembered what he said the last time something like this had happened. "You really need to have your spare tire pumped. This is your one flaw Nica. You are lazy when it comes to your tires What if something like this happens in a remote area where there is no network coverage? What will you do?"

"At least I'm not in a no-network area" I joked miserably. I felt like crying. I just wanted to go home and sleep. I pulled my phone out of my purse to call my dad to have him send his driver over.

"Come on. I'll drop you off." Jason said.

"Really? I don't want to intrude." I said because I wasn't used to asking people for things/help.

"You aren't intruding 'cause I offered."

Saying thank you to him, I called my dad to have him send his driver to tow my car to a garage and have all tires pumped. I called and ordered my pizza in the car and before long, following my directions, I was home. Before I could open the door, Jason was out and already doing it. Wow, what a gentleman. All the attention actually made me feel weird. I wasn't used to attention, I wasn't used to people doing things for me.