Two

Under Mon Mothma's orders, Luke's rebel ship was soon apprehended, and an exploratory mission was conducted to confirm the claim of Luke Skywalker joining Darth Vader. Although Luke attempted to explain what had happened on the second Death Star, the rebel squadrons could not be convinced, and verified the rebel soldier's claims accurate.

***

"I don't believe it! It must be one final trick on the behalf of the Empire!" Leia exclaimed, her voice raised and her brown eyes angrily glaring at Mon Mothma.

"General Leia Organa, as much as I'd like to deny the soldier's claims, we both know our squadrons must be trusted." Mon Mothma sighed, with her eyes filled with sadness and disappointment. She then told Leia that she was dismissed.

Leia soon was trying to contact her brother, a wave of fury and anxiety swelling inside her. She hoped that this was all just a trick, that her brother hasn't fallen for the dark side. After a few moments of impatient waiting, Luke's voice rang from the commlink.

"Leia?"

Leia drew in a quick breath, then, with a hint of worry and fear in her voice, asked Luke, "Luke, what are you doing? Is it true that Vader is on your ship, and that you are trying to save him?" Her pitch was a bit high from unease, and on her face was a nervous frown.

"Leia, listen to me. On the second Death Star, Anakin had saved my life; the Emperor was striking me down with some sort of Sith lightning, and I was on the verge of death. When I thought I was sure to die, our father had plucked the Emperor off the ground, and threw him down a reactor shaft, thus saving me. The lightning struck him though, and now his suit is broken, and he is dying. I can't just leave him to die... He saved my life! He must stay alive..." He paused for a moment, searching for what to say. "Leia, please forgive him! Leia, trust me, our father is now good!" Luke's message was laced with much pleading. He hoped Leia would understand what he was doing.

Her hands quivered quite a bit as she furiously scowled at the commlink that her shaking fingers were wrapped around. Her breathed rapidly, and her heartbeat accelerated with rage. "That man aided in not only destroying my people, but my real father, and everyone that I once loved on my home world! Luke, how, how can I ever forgive him? You cannot be doing this! That monster will demolish you!" A giant burst of anger exploded inside her, and her voice was loaded with grief, fury and disbelief. At the thought of Alderaan and her loved ones, a stray tear began to well up at the corner of her right eye.

Luke tried his best to calmly reply to his sister's outrage. "Leia... I know how you are feeling. Vader had taken much from me, too... But he needs a chance! He cannot be condemned to die without a second thought! After all, he is our-"

In an act of absolute despise, Leia had switched off the commlink. Luke sighed, wondering how he would be able to explain the situation to all the rebel leaders. 

He would do anything to save his father.

***

Eventually, Luke and Anakin reached the base, with the rebel squadrons trailing them. Luke and the medical droid hurriedly rushed Luke's near-death father out of the ship and towards the medical bay.

When they finally reached the near entrance of the bay, Luke wasn't surprised to see rebel soldiers waiting for their arrival. Luke glanced at his dying father in the bacta tank, then scowled at the rebel soldiers. "Move!" He shouted urgently.

"We have orders to hold you in the hangar, until further inspection has been conducted." One of the soldiers, who was tightly holding his blaster rifle in his hands, informed Luke.

A few of the soldiers raised their blasters at Vader, some with long trickles of sweat dripping down their face due to tremendous fear at the presence of the Dark Lord of the Sith. Many of blaster-holding soldiers' knuckles were white. One of the soldiers took a short glare of disbelief at Luke, before pointing his blaster at the vulnerable Sith Lord.

"The man by your side is responsible for countless deaths!" The soldier shouted at Luke, his voice filled with frustration.

"He needs a chance." Luke replied, still frowning upon the bacta tank beside him.

"He had one." The rebel soldier snarled coldly, then swiftly fired three shots at the bacta tank. Instantly unclipping his lightsaber from his belt and holding the activated weapon in front of him, Luke jumped in front of the bacta tank to protect his defenseless father. Clutching his glowing, elegant lightsaber, he successfully deflected the laser blasts, sending them bouncing towards a harmless area of the hangar. Small sparks and flashes kindled the blasts' landing spots, while the gentlehumming of Luke's weapon echoed around the hangar. 

Holding his still-ignited lightsaber in his right hand, he reached out with his other hand, and using the Force, all the blasters that the soldiers held were flung away from their owners. Some of the soldiers let out light gasps, while others stared in shock at Luke's emotionless face.

Luke and the droid proceeded to escort Anakin into the medical bay, walking past the frozen soldiers without casting a glance. Suddenly, one of the soldiers got up, and tried to tackle Luke to the ground; however, he was predictably unsuccessful, as Luke simply (and coldly) force-pushed him away.

From there, the droid took care of the former Sith Lord, while Luke patiently stood by the entrance of the medical bay, wishing not to interfere with the medical droids and hoping his father could be saved. Occasionally, he peeked inside to look at his father, who was now out of the tank and connected to machines to be kept alive. His black mask was placed to the side of the large gurney where he temporarily lay, revealing his sun-deprived, heavily scarred face. Luke felt truly terrible for the man, and from the first moment he peeled off Vader's mask, he had always wondered what had caused him to look this way. Although Luke knew his father's situation was still life-threatening, he was sure his father was, very slowly, recovering from the damage inflicted to his body. He let out a sigh of relief as he watched the droids operate on his father.

Shortly, Luke could hear footsteps rushing towards the medical bay. In fact, they were thunderous footsteps, from at least a hundred men. From his viewing position at the entrance, he turned slightly to face the newcomers.

Luke was greeted by Han, Leia and Mon Mothma, and a significant amount of rebel soldiers.

Video: 1:37-3:25 

**************************************************************************

I put in "some sort of Sith lightning" instead of simply saying "Force lightning" because (from what I remember... I could be wrong though) that was Luke's first-ever encounter with Force lightning. Hopefully that's the right way to put it XD

Okay, I admit, I'm terrible with detailing conversations, because I always feel like he/she is out of character and would be speaking some other way (if that makes sense).

Thanks for reading, have a great day/night!