The Demon Who Couldn't Dance

September finally came to London. It's been two months since the near apocalypse, which was prevented by Crowley, Aziraphale and Sergeant Shadwell (although he couldn't do much due to the fact that he was just an old human against the Adversary using just the Thundergun for his defence, but nevertheless his faith and determination in defeating the wicked defined all expectation, along with receiving respect on behave of Crowley and Aziraphale due to the amount of courage the man had). It had been one of the most insane summers London had ever endured. Fortunately, it's residents along with the rest of the world had forgotten those unpleasant memories and continued with their lives as always but feeling strangely grateful for the rest of the Sunday for no apparent reason. 

Crowley was currently in his flat, leaning against the stool of the window watching the grey clouds on the sky beginning to form a light storm. Tranquillity dawned on his face. He enjoyed getting lost in thought while observing a view.

An angel and a demon against the Adversary. Whoo-eee.

It was tough. But it didn't scar him. It was more like a lesson taught the hard way. And Aziraphale has been doing well, so there's no reason to worry anymore. But it still brought a whole new meaning to the phrase "you don't know what you have until it's gone". The world, that's what they had: an astonishing home. Might as well enjoy it while they can. Immortality be blessed.

So that's what they did for the next months. Example: Aziraphale loved reading and purchasing new books for his business, but he reminded himself to get out of the bookshop more often. Get some fresh air, go to those small antique shops he liked, going out with Crowley to those fascinating little restaurants, and even go to the cinema once or twice an occasion.

Like last month:

"Maybe today's entertainment isn't as bad as I used to think" Aziraphale commented while exiting the Curzon Soho Cinema with Crowley. It was August when they saw "The Two Jakes".

Crowley gave him a sideways look. "I'm surprised at you liking violence films, but I guess you could owe it to Jack Nicolson."

Aziraphale shook his head. "Just ignore the violence and you have a good plot with just enough mystery and suspense."

"You just can't ignore the violence," remarked Crowley. "It's what makes movies, even books, more interesting to watch."

"Oh please, not all of them" said Aziraphale.

"Really? Okay then, correct me if I'm wrong, but I say that even one of your favourite novels have one or two violent scenes that were relevant to the story, have they not?"

Aziraphale fell silent. 

"Per say, the Bible?" said Crowley.

Aziraphale felt his face getting hot. "Okay, that's enough" warned the angel. Crowley smirked in triumph as they continued their little stroll.

 ~~~~~~~~~

Crowley laughed a bit while remembering those previous events. It was a good thing that he had managed to get his friend out of the shop once in a while. The angel still had a lot to catch up to in the 20th century. Especially when it came to music. All Aziraphale wanted to listen to is classical music, and even though Crowley too enjoyed that genera, (being the first great music he had ever witnessed) he also liked to expand his categories for different music taste. That being classical and Soul his top favourite, then rock (not Queen), and some pop songs that are catchy. 

"What's a velvet underground" Crowley mimicked. Chuckling he left the window and walked towards his sofa.  He threw himself over it and just laid there comfortably. He then grabbed this cellphone from his pocket (a new model that wasn't supposed to be out of the market in about two years) and dialled Aziraphale. He was supposed to meet Crowley at his flat so they can go to the London Art Fair together, a very nice way to spend the weekend together.  The angel had told him earlier that he was going to be around Mayfair, where Crowley lived, because there was a book collector in that area whom he had made a deal with to (shockingly) sell one of Aziraphale's books for a good price. Plus, he'll receive another book as a gift to include in his collection. It was an offer that no bibliophile could reject, so until then Crowley will have to wait, but it's been an hour already...