three // i knew you were trouble

Start from the beginning

As Hayley heads out of the bar, my eyes never leave Jane-Anne. She lifts her hand subtly, and the sight of dark hair comes into my view. She took Hayley's hair.

I quickly scramble to get my things, needing to get out of this place and find her.

No witch just takes someone's hair without a reason. They need it for something. The question is what.

I call out a thank you to Sophie, getting out of there as quickly as possible.

Or at least that's what I planned.

Only, as soon as I get out the door, my back is slammed against a brick wall.

Oh.

Once I'm over the shock, I look up to see Hayley, her hand plastered to my neck. I can't use my magic to fling her off me, and the whole wolf strength isn't exactly my cup of tea.

So I'm stuck.

"You've been following me for days. Why?"

Oh.

Well I guess I wasn't very good at it.

At first I'm scared to an extent, knowing full well what she could be capable of. But then I take a second, to really look at her.

Gorgeous brown eyes with thick lashes, perfect dark brown hair, a mole just under her nose. She's beautiful.

And she's my only family. Well, my only blood related family.

"I want to help you" I answer, not wanting to tell her who I am just yet. She might not like it, or accept it.

"What makes you think I need your help?" She asks, her grip loosening slightly. Good, she's warming up to me.

"Because you want to go out to the bayou on your own. That's not exactly smart, now is it?"

She glares at me at first, then her stare softens, her hand letting go of me. I take in a deep breath, but don't do the whole dropping to my knees in a fit of coughs. It wasn't that kind of grip.

"Why do you care?" she questions.

"From what I can see, you don't have a lot of friends. So why not appreciate that I want to be one?"

I didn't really know what to say, I can only hope it was enough.

She doesn't seem like the type to trust easily.

"I don't need friends" she states. I go to reply, only for her to turn her back on me and walk away.

It's funny really, because she think's I'll actually let her go by herself. 

Think again.

-  - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

- 3rd person POV -

"Don't do it. Please." Sophie begged, trailing along behind her sister. "What if I'm wrong about her?"

"That's the beauty. You're never wrong." Jane-Anne says, rearranging the bag hanging on her shoulder to a more comfortable position. "She's the only way we're going to get to Klaus."

"Can't we get someone else to do the spell?" Sophie suggests.

They finally reach the space in between tombs, the space to do the spell. Jane-Anne bobs down, opening her bag to begin getting everything ready.

"Who? Half the witches don't believe you, the other half are too scared."

"Because they know we're gonna get caught, Jane-Anne!"

"We don't have any other options, Sophie." She stands from her squatting position, turning to her sister." Now go. You know what you need to do."

Sophie didn't know how to feel, all she knew was that her sister made up her mind and that's that. She slowly turns, beginning to walk away, until she looks back at her sister. She knew something would happen, and she some how had to accept it. 

She then made her way out of the cemetery.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Night had fallen.

Hayley turned off the engine to her car, finally having found her way to the bayou.

Although she hadn't noticed Faith's car not to far behind, without the headlight on.

Hayley grabbed the map in the passenger seat, looking over the circle Jane-Anne had drawn.

Just as her eyes find the place she hoped she was currently in, the middle of the map is set on fire.

"What the?" She questioned, quickly throwing it away from her and out the window.

Faith didn't know what was happening, but she was thankful when she saw Hayley's car moving back. Hopefully meaning she realized how stupid of an idea this was and wants to go home.

Only it doesn't last long, because soon Hayley's engine goes up in smoke.

With the window down, even Faith could hear her frustration. "Are you kidding me?!"

She steps out of the car and is quick to get on her phone. "Hey, I'm looking for a tow service."

Faith doesn't like what was happening. It was too coincidental. She jumps out of the car, not caring what Hayley thought about her being here. She couldn't be out by herself. It wasn't safe.

Hayley notices her presence and scoffs, hanging up the phone. "What the hell are you doing here? Did you have something to do with this?" She gestured to her car.

"Would you keep your voice down? I told you not to come out here by yourself" Faith states, looking around hesitantly.

No one. For now.

"Who are you, my mother?" she spits, and Faith feels the need to laugh bitterly but decides against it. If only she knew, she thought.

"No I just-" Faith is cut off by her own scream of sudden pain.

She didn't know what was happening at first, but it didn't take her long to scream out in complete agony.

"What's happening?" Hayley asks, concerned for the girl even though she hadn't even known her for 24 hours.

Faith grabs at her scalp, a piercing ringing in her ears and a sharp strong pain in her brain over taking everything.

Right before she closes her eyes for release, she sees them. The witches were coming out of the dark, surrounding them.

"Hayley! Run!" Faith screams with what little strength she had left.

Hayley was confused to say the least, she didn't understand what was happening. But for some unknown reason, she trusted the girl falling to her knees in pain. The girl that warned her.

Hayley ran. And the witches let her, because it wasn't her they were after. They used Hayley to get to Faith. Hayley was an easier target and they used that to their advantage.

Faith finally realized that as she lost her vision, and she can only hope Hayley made it out.

And just like that, Faith falls to the ground, completely knocked out.

The witches crowded around her. Sophie Deveraux found herself picking up Faith's upper body and placing her on her knees. She lifted her jaw, showing the witches the girl who was about to help them, without her even knowing.