Story Idea: REWIND

So this was the first ever original story I've ever worked on, and one I'm hoping and planning on publishing soon. This is the first synopsis I made for it, and probably not going to be the final version of that when I finalize things.

Detailed Description of Plot

Helo was an ordinary girl. Ordinary looks, friendly and laid-back. She did well in school and never really had problems. Then the government began testing schools for the "Youko" gene. 

Did any of them have the ability to do extraordinary things, they'd ask with the results. They're separated into classes. Blue are ordinaries, green are the ones with the signs of power, gray are potentially dangerous, red are volatile, and black is the last category where there is no potential danger. They are dangerous. However, there is a position that the government longs to fill, but no one was powerful enough. The highly destructive silver. 

Helo is their only silver, and the government's not willing to let her go. Her school is transformed into a government-sanctioned facility, separated by the ordinaries and Youko students' positions. One side to the blue and the other for the Youko. Helo is pulled into the mess as the first ever silver, and made as the highest authority at the school. No longer a student, Helo not only learns that maybe the change isn't as great as she thought, but now she's being trained as the government's puppet to do their dirty work. 

Time moves on, and the city is ruled as a totalitarian society. Helo's darker, experienced at what she does. Everything seems fine, but people live in terror. The school is split, rebellion forming in the ranks. The staff chooses sides, and some students are lucky to have been pulled out before it got this serious. 

The Rebellion is an organization filled with people desperate to stop the government's rule. Tasked to destroy them, Helo faces hem head on and they're defeated. Filling up with emotion for the first time in years, Helo decides things need to be changed. Remembering the research on time travel, Helo goes on a journey to find the turning point to change the future.