Chapter 8: What's Going On?

When Sam and Dean leave to check out the dorms, I decide to try and dig up whatever possible about the case. I grab Sam's laptop out of his bag and search up the charity event the missing student's had invites to. The event is apparently a really big deal, partially because it's only held every 60 years. And when I say a really big deal, I mean a really big deal. Like so big that a long list of celebrities are apparently attending, and all the tabloids are talking about who's wearing what. But that makes me wonder how 4 college students managed to get their hands on invitations. They didn't know each other, and none of them had famous relatives. 

But wait - If the event is only held every 60 years, that means that the last time it was held would have been 1957. I bite my lip as I start to get a weird feeling that my parents' murders and this charity event are somehow connected. Didn't Sam say that a family was murdered back in the '50s? I search it up and realize that the family was murdered the same year that the charity event took place. Oddly enough, a couple of people with invitations also disappeared right before the event in 1957. Coincidence? I think not. There has to be someone, or something, doing this on purpose. Maybe it's - 

"A trap," I say out loud. Is something going after hunters? Drawing them in with a trail of "cases" that lead right to the monster? I have to call Sam. I dial and he picks up on the second ring.

S: Alli? Did something happen?

A: Not right now, but I think I found something important. Really important.

S: What? Can you tell me on the phone?

A: Maybe, but it's a lot to explain. Can you and Dean come back to the motel? Like now?

S: Yeah, we're on our way. Hang tight.

A: Okay Sam. See you soon.

S: Yeah. You too Alli.

He hangs up and I sit around anxiously waiting for them to get back. When Dean finally opens the door, he and Sam both sit on the other bed. I turn around to face them before getting into my explanation.

"Sam, do you remember how you told us that a family was murdered in the same way as my mom and dad about 60 years ago?" He nods and I continue. "Well, I was looking into that charity thing and found out that the last time it was held, in 1957, four of the people with invitations were taken a few days before the event. Sound familiar? First the murders, then the disappearances... I think something is going after hunters. It has to have something do with the charity event." Sam gives me a puzzled look.

"So this thing, whatever the hell it is, is going after hunters?" Dean asks.

"That's what I'm thinking," I reply.

"If you're right, then we're probably hunting something big, with a lot of power," Sam says. "We have to find a way into that event and kill it."

"How will we kill something if we don't know what it is?" I question before looking over at Sam.

"We still have a few days before the event. I can try to figure out what we're hunting, and Dean can find us a way inside," Sam says while glancing over at Dean.

"Sounds like a plan, Sammy. But before we go looking for a way inside an exclusive, heavily guarded charity event, is anyone else hungry?" Sam and I both give Dean a look.

"What? I haven't eaten in forever," Dean says.

"Dean, you ate right before we left the bunker," Sam adds.

"So what? Look - all I'm saying is that I could go for a hamburger and a slice of pie. Come on. Can't you just hear me out on this one?" Sam sighs and looks over at me.

"It's up to you, Allie," he says.

"Dean's right. It has been a while since we ate," I say before turning to Dean. "I could go grab us some burgers from that place down the street if you want."

"Woah - slow down there. No offense, but you are not driving baby. But tell you what: I'll drive and you can pay. Deal?" I roll my eyes before answering him.

"What kind of deal is that? You know what, whatever. I'll pay, but I get to ride shotgun." Dean grins at me.

"Deal. Now come on, let's go grab some grub." Before we walk out of the door, Dean turns to Sam and asks him if he wants anything. At first, he shakes his head but then seems to change his mind and looks up from his laptop to answer Dean.

"Just grab me a burger," he says before getting back to what he was doing.