Chapter 6: The Bunker

When I wake up, I'm laying in the back of the Impala. I lean over to see out the window and feel a burst of pain shoot through my arm. I wince. I forgot it was broken.

"Sam?" I manage to groan out.

"Allie? You're finally awake. Thank god." He looks over his shoulder from the passenger seat and reaches his hand back for me to hold it.

"What time is it? Where are we going?"

"It's about 9'o clock at night. We're headed to the bunker. We're meeting Cas there, and he said he can fix you arm," Sam replies.

"Cas? I get to meet him? Finally." Sam laughs and squeezes my hand one more time before he lets go.

"Are we far from the bunker?" I ask, and Dean answers.

"Only a couple more hours. It's not too bad," He says, gripping the wheel.

"What happened after I fell asleep?"

"Well," Dean says, "I took care of the Demon while Sammy here looked after you. I wrapped your mom's body up and put it in the trunk. We didn't want to burn her without you, and well, your backyard isn't the most private location." I nod before he continues, even though I know he can't see me. "Sammy put you back there and then we went up and grabbed some of your stuff. Clothes and things like that. It's in that duffel bag on the floor." I look down and spot what he's talking about.

"Thanks, Dean. I wouldn't think to grab stuff like that. I'm guessing we're not going back?"

"Sorry, Allie. I don't think it's safe right now. We don't want to risk another demon attack," Sam says. I sigh and turn to look out the window. I don't say anything else and instead, I watch the night sky drift by. Eventually, the gentle rocking of the Impala makes me fall asleep.

* * * * * * * *

I don't wake up until I feel someone shoving me awake and calling my name.

"Ugh... fine. I'm up. I promise," I say as I open my eyes to see Sam.

"Come on. We're at the bunker. Grab your stuff," he says. I sit up and rub my eyes before grabbing the duffel bag and getting out of the car.

"Wow," I say. "I can't believe we're really here." Dean laughs and grabs my bag from me.

"It's even more impressive inside, sweetheart. Just wait." He walks over and unlocks the door, then beckons me inside with a wave of his hand.

"Well thank you, sir," I say playfully before walking inside with Sam and Dean right behind me.

"Oh. My. God. This place is amazing. You guys actually live here?" Dean looks at me like I'm stupid before answering me.

"Of course we live here Bitch." He says with a smirk. I scoff and mumble "Jerk" under my breath.

"Anyways, where's Cas?" I ask.

"He's downstairs. Let's go," Sam says before walking down the stairs. I follow him and start to freak out when I see Cas.

"Oh my god... It's actually him!" I practically scream while I fangirl.

"Whoah... Easy there tiger," Dean says with a grin.

"Hello, Allie. I'm sorry about your mother," Castiel says.

"How do you know about that?" I question.

"I called him on the way here Allie," Sam adds.

"Would you like me to heal your arm?" Cas asks.

"Oh - of course. Please." I had almost forgotten during the excitement. Cas puts his hand on my arm and I sigh as I feel my whole body relax. I hadn't realized how much my body hurt. I feel like I want to sleep, but I'm not really tired since I slept for essentially the whole car ride here.

"Do you want me to show you your room?" Dean asks. I nod, deciding I'll at least try to get some sleep. We walk into a plain room with a bed, a nightstand, and a lamp.

"I can stay, if you want," he says with a wink. I shake my head.

"I'd say yes, but I just need to be alone for now. It's a lot to take in," I say.

"I understand. But if you ever need anything,' He points at me. "I'm always here for you. Got it?" I nod and give him a small smile. He walks out and I lay down on the bed. I can't believe this is actually happening to me. What did I do to deserve this? I mean, besides the whole parents dying thing. Obviously. That was the only bad thing in all of this. How long will I get to stay here? Where will I go if I leave? I decide to put on a big t-shirt and try to rest.

I try to fall asleep, but after a few hours of tossing and turning I give up. I need someone to talk to, so I decide to go find Sam's bedroom. I look at my watch before I get up. 3:47. I get out of bed and decide to ask Castiel where Sam is.

"Cas?" I call out in a whisper-yell. I don't hear anything, so I open the door and try again. No reply. I decide to start walking around. God, this place is like a maze. I decide to yell for Cas one more time.

"Cas?" I call out again.

"Allie? What do you need?" I jump and turn around when Cas puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Oh, um... I was looking for Sam. Do you know where he is?"

"Of course. I can show you if you'd like." I nod and he leads me back down the hallway that my room is on and points at the door two down from mine.

"He's in there. I'm always here to help," hey says. I turn to say thanks but he's already gone. I knock on Sam's door.

"Sam?" I say quietly. I don't hear anything so I knock again and a groggy Sam opens the door. With no shirt on. I try to keep my eyes on his face.

"I can't sleep, and I know that if I could I'd only have nightmares. Could I come in here with you?" He nods and rubs his eyes before opening the door fully and letting me inside. I look around, but his bedroom doesn't look that different than mine. There's not many decorations but the sheets on the bed are crumpled and I can tell they've been slept on. He sits down on the bed with his back leaning on the headboard. I was going to sit across from him but I decide to sit next to him instead. I lean my head on his shoulder and scoot my body closer to his.

"What do you want to talk about?" he asks. I think about it for a minute before answering.

"Everything. I mean, all this. I can't believe it's all real. I grew up with it for the last 12 years, but I always just thought it was a story. I mean, I hoped it wasn't, but nothing ever happened. Until now at least." I sigh. "Tell me about you."

"Well," he says, "You know what we've been going through. But I guess when you don't know it's real it seems a lot different." I nod.

"I mean, I knew you were big." He gives me a look and a small smile. "No, no that's not what I meant at all if that's what you're thinking. You're what, like 6 foot 4? It's hard to see that on a screen. But here, in person... It's a lot to take in. Literally." He gives a small chuckle and I decide to lay my head on his lap. I look up at his puppy dog eyes and smile.

"What are you smiling about?" He says.

"You," I say before reaching over and grabbing his hand. I pull him down onto the pillow so that we're both lying down next to each other. He grabs my hand and wraps his other hand around my waist, pulling our chests closer together. I close my eyes and lean into him, breathing in his scent. I don't know when, but at some point, we both fall asleep.