Actions speak louder than words

" A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous."

- Ingrid Bergman 

“Y-you did?” Ilang minuto akong nakatitig lang sa mata niya at hindi makapagsalita.

He already did give in to me?

“When and why?” sabi ko na parang hindi makapaniwala.

Ngumiti siya akin. He now cupped my face with both hands while his thumb tracing my lips.

“Does it matter when and why?” he said his voice deep and sincere.

Well, I really wanted to know when he started to give in and why he gave in but as I stared into his eyes I know he won’t tell. It’s one of his prized secrets.

“No, it doesn’t matter. I know, I just know that you will come into your senses sooner or later.” I said grinning  from ear to ear.

“Ah, really.” he said to me with raised brow yet his lips were tugged upwards.

“Really!” sabi ko habang nakangisi.

He leaned in to me and covered my mouth with his and when I was going to answer back he pulled away and stared back into my eyes.

“I… I just want to ask something.” He was looking at me with the same expression, with the same softened look and with the same warmth.

“Yes?” I was trying to decipher what he wanted to say from the look in his eyes.

“Will you come home with me…”

Come home? Natigilan ako sa sinabi niya at hindi ko mapigilan lumaki ang mata ko sa gulat. Tinatanong niya ba kung pwede akong sumama sa kanya niya ngayon?  Oh no! Handa na ba ako?! Teka! Nelly! Mukhang nagkatotoo ang sinabi mo.

“Margaret?” he said while he was still cupping my face.

“T-Tim…” Anong sasabihin ko? Hindi ako makapag-isip ng maayos. Kapag sumama ako sa kanya ngayon alam na alam ko ang mangyayari sa susunod. Kung tama ba ang nasa isip ko.

“Sorry…What I mean is, will you go with me tomorrow to come back home?”

“Huh?!  Uuwi ka sa Parent’s house mo bukas?”

“Basta. Ano? Please go with me.” he said to me pleading.

Iyon lang naman pala! Akala kung ano na. Nag-iisip pa naman ako kung sasama ako umuwi sa kanya mamaya at mukhang nananaig ang boses ni Nelly sa utak ko. Salamat na lang.

“Sure. Akala ko kung ano na. Sure na sure.” sabi ko habang nakangiti.