two

:dan:

:;:

    RUNNING. I had nothing else to do. My car was stolen by Zoe and her brother's gang,, and the FBI didn't even know I was on the run. I'm sure she had hired someone to capture me, so I couldn't drag anyone into this. I was on my own.

By this time I was far away from the town by now, and a car was coming up. Haphazardly, I jumped into the snowy forest, and hid behind some shrubs and trees, my heart racing, and adrenaline pumping through my veins.

"Shit." I hissed, my voice barely a whisper.

Blood stained my shirt, beginning to reach my jacket. I ripped off a part of my shirt, tying it tightly around my arm, blocking the wound, and stopping the bleeding, momentarily. My heart wouldn't stop racing, and my mind wouldn't either. My hope had disintegrated long ago, once Zoe had sent two guys at a nearby bar, looking for me.

I packed a small bag with as much stuff as I could've in the most amount of time I had.

    My eyelids grew heavier by the minute, and I began to drag my legs, the adrenaline I once had was wiped away, fear and paranoia replacing it quickly. My heart wouldn't stop panicking, and neither would my brain. The haunting apparition of a hitman following me was the only thing keeping me awake, but a terrifying thought said that wouldn't last long.

    I had been trained for the highest levels of combat, but in my condition, I surely wouldn't last long.

    I reached a cave, the fear from before slowly sinking away. My instincts told me to stay awake, but my health was leading me the other way. There wasn't much I could do, I was hours into the forest, and no one would find this cave for a long time. Its camouflage lead me nearly away from it.

    Cool wind fluttered around the huge 'room', and I wondered what creatures were lurking in the depths of this cavern. Chills shot up my body at the thought of an animal being the death of me, but there weren't too many other places I could camp out.

    The sun began to set, and my fear followed it. The only worry I had for now was how to keep warm. Running had kept my warmth steady for awhile, but now that I was sitting down; standing still, there weren't too many options. A fire was out of the question, the embers, light, and smell of smoke would summon multiple attackers.

    I pulled my small bag out of my coat, searching for things to keep me warm, and I pulled out a blanket. It was a light brown that blended in with the snow and dirt. I wrapped myself around it, the blanket heating me up instantly. My eyelids grew heavy once more, but I promised myself I wouldn't sleep.

    I pulled more stuff out of the bag, finding a pencil and paper. Pulling them out, I decided I could draw to fill in the time.

    The sunset was filled with blue and pink hues, and I secretly wished I brought coloured pencils. I drew the trees, the few rays of sun that still hadn't vanished below the horizon, and the few stars that peppered the sky.

    It was nighttime when I finished the drawing, and the moon was i front of me, letting its drops of light fill the paper with vibrancy, but slowly putting me to sleep like a silent lullaby. The wind sang the melody, the trees played the instruments, and, just like that, i was asleep.