Chapter 3- A Poem and a Dementor

I still remember the first letter he sent me.

Dear Hermione Granger,
Have you ever felt like your heart was ripped apart by you? One was for someone and the other for what was right? You might have. Well, this is how I feel. I am torn between two wholes. One would be to be with the one i love and the other to just marry someone who would continue on the pureblood line.
You are probably wondering who I am talking about and well.... you will probably never know since I will be keeping this letter with the other's I will probably write but never send.

With All I Can Give To You,
Draco Malfoy

P.S. Please come at 5 to my house for a quick talk please.

I looked up at the time and saw that it was almost 5. I quickly apparated to his house. The dark house still gave me nightmares and I felt my scar prickle at the feeling of being here. Half of me was like "don't go" and the other was like "Just go." I obeyed and walked down the stone sidewalk. I came upon the dark wooden door that had the crest of the Malfoy's on it. I raised my arm and gave two swift knocks. I waited a moment and then Draco opened the door. A smile was across his face and a shock like sparkle was in his eyes.

"Did you think I was not going to come?" I asked.

"Well," and I stepped in, "You can never be too sure," and I reached to grab my cloack and Draco grabbed it.

"Thanks," I said and stepped out of Draco's way.

"Are you hungry?" he asked.

"A little," I said and Draco walked toward a door and I followed.

We entered the kitchen and Draco opened the refrigerator, "Help yourself."

He reached and grabbed a green apple. I looked and saw he had a red apple which were my favorite and I grabbed it.

"I didn't know you liked apple," Draco asked in disbelief and took a bite of his apple.

"There are many things you don't know about me, Draco," I said and took a bite of mine.

"I would like to know," he said.

"Okay, shoot."

"What's your favorite color?"

"Red like old velvet," I said, "and yours?"

"Green like the apple," he said, "Slytherin green is too dark and," he tossed the apple in the air, "this color is a cheerful color."

"Favorite thing to do on the weekends?" I asked.

"Stay indoors and do whatever," he said, "you?"

"Reading books or going to movies with friends."

"Favorite relationship so far?" he asked.

I scowled, "Why would you want to know that?"

He shrugged, "Just wondering."

"I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours."

"Okay," he said, "Mine is nobody. Never had a favorite relationship."

"Victor Krum was my favorite," I said, "Worst?"

"Pansy."

I burst out laughing, "Pug Face?"

"Pug Face?" he questioned.

"That's what Harry, Ron, and I nicked named her."

"oh," and he cracked a smile, "I can see that. What's yours?"

"Ron."

"Wow! Why?" he asked.

I looked into his eyes and leaned against the counter top, "Let's just say that he was being an asshole."