Chapter 13 ✔️

Avery's POV
"You suffer from that?" She looked at me with a look of surprise, her mouth slightly open and eyes wide.

"I suffered from bullying," I murmured again and looked at my cup of tea. I was embarrassed by it and did not want people to know about it, it was embarrassing. I always ignored it when they brought up the subject.

"I'm sorry Avery, but I can't understand it. You're beautiful, you're like the best person I know." She looked at me, still having the same expression. I gave him a smile as a thank-you for her kind words.

"So last night must have been difficult for you, I mean what Cara said about what would happen." I nodded.

"Yes, I do not want it to be like before," The tears began to form in my eyes, but blinked it fast so they disappeared but a single tear fell down my cheek.

"Oh come here," Sophia said and hugged me. It felt good to know that someone cared. She is the only one to whom I have said this outside of my family. It felt good, very good.

"Please do not tell anyone, you are the first apart from my family." I looked at her with pleading eyes.

"I won't." She looked into my eyes.

"They are stupid people who are foolish enough to lose a girl as lovely as you, however, I beat you and I promise that I will always be here for you," She gave me a smile. I wiped the tears and we were interrupted by familiar voices that filled the room. We turned to the door and saw them.

They walked inside, in casual clothes and some of them had some bandanas. I don't know what to do, they can not see me, not after the night before. I sank into my seat and pulled my hood up a little to cover my face. Sophia looked and then at me.

"Oh, my God," I whisper, and then his eyes open.

"What?" I whispered and little by little I turned my head in their direction, they were heading towards us.

"Damn it," I cursed to myself.

"Hey girls, did you have fun last night?" I heard an unknown voice ask, it was Louis. I had never talked to him, but he looked so good.

"Fine," Sophia said and I keep trying to hide as well as I can. I looked at Harry and I realized that he was already looking at me, I felt the heat covering my face and looked away.

"And you had fun pukey?" Louis said and everyone laughed. I take it back on being nice.

"Hey, do not call her that, she has a name," Sophia said and got up.

"Oh, I'm so scared, what are you going to do huh?" Louis said and laughed.

"Hey do not talk to her like that," I hear Liam say.

"Well, see you girl, goodbye pukey," Louis said and everyone laughed. I felt that familiar bad feeling in the stomach, it was slowly starting again.

"Just ignore him, he's an idiot," she said as she let out a sigh. We said goodbye and walked home. As I entered the house, I heard my mother scream.

"Avery Marie Clark, where have you been all night? Your father and I have been very worried!" She shouted at me.

"I slept at a friend's house," I said, looking down at my hands.

"A friend's house, that's what they call her these days." She rolled her eyes.

"I promise, Mama, I'll sleep in Sophia's house," I said, looking into her eyes. Jake was walking down the stairs with wet hair, probably had been in practice.

"Hey Avery, did you have fun last night?" He gave me a smile.

"Yes," He heard my voice almost break at the end and frowned. I did not want to tell my mom

"I'm glad you had fun honey but please call next time. We ate and Dad needed to go to work but do you want me to make you lunch?" I shook my head and walked to my bedroom. I lay down on my bed and relax.

-----

I woke up on my alarm. I took a shower, the familiar butterflies appeared as on the first day of school. I took some black jeans, a knit sweater and let my hair down to show my curls. I ate my breakfast quickly and then went to school and tried to get as little attention as possible.

"Oh look, there's this pukey"