Chapter 1

"Flight 333 will be landing shortly, thank you for riding with Delta airlines, enjoy your stay at New York City!"

     Oh shit

     This was it. I'm finally in New York.

     The plane ride was long but comforting. Most of the time I stared out the window, capturing a few pictures here and there. New York was a beautiful place honestly. The grass was greener, the sun was brighter, everything was gorgeous.

     "Um excuse me ma'am, do you mind me asking where you got that bag from?" A chirpy voice asked tapping me on my shoulder. I turned around to see a short, cute little girl staring at my bag as if she saw the love of her life.

     "Uhh, yeah I got it from-"

     "Anna, getcho ass over here right now," yelled a voice from behind.

     "Mom! I'll be right there hold on" the girl yelled back. Saying that reminded me of how much I missed my mom. I planned on calling her once I got to my dorm room.

     I decided to walk away from the daughter and mother. They started yelling at each other and it caused a scene, one I didn't want to be in the middle of.

     Getting off the plane, I quickly grabbed my belongings and headed out to find a taxi. New York was packed. People were running around everywhere, cars were stuck in a traffic jam, bikes were riding swiftly through the crowded areas.

     This was the life.

     I decided finding a taxi would practically be impossible, so I jogged towards the bus station, which was difficult since I had my suitcases and bags all over me.

     "Do you need help with that?" The girl in front of me said, giving a warm grin. "You look like you're having a bit of trouble"

     "Yes, yes I am," I chuckled, "it's so hard finding transportation here."

     "That's because you're right in the heart of New York City. It's busy at this time of day."

     "That makes sense, I should've known."

     "Wait, are you knew here or something..." she said, not sure if she was asking or stating it.

     "Yeah I am, my names Brittany by the way. I guess you should know the name of the person your helpin-" but before I could finish my sentence, the girl dropped the suitcases and ran off with my bag.

     "Hey, hey! Come back here," I shouted, grabbing my suitcases and running after the surprisingly fast girl. What was I thinking handing over my belongings to a stranger?

New York females are reckless.

     The next thing that happened was so quick, I was sure it was something straight out of a movie.

     A police officer came out of no where, tackling the thief to the ground and handcuffing her. I ran over there as fast as I could.

     "Thank... you... officer!" I said catching my breath.

     Wheew, that was a full work out.

     "Yeah no problem, you should be more careful around here. People are always bag snatching in broad daylight."

     "You got that right," I replied while he handed me my now flattened bag.

     I loved that bag