Bad Boy, the Gang and Me

May's POV

I'm excited.

I'm sooooo excited.

Oh, let me explain myself. My name is Miami. Done laughing now?

Good.

Don't ever call me that. People, I mean the people whose names I bother to remember, call me May. Also I'm 15, turning 16 in two months, and I'm starting high school this year.

I'm currently on the plane to L.A. with my snoring sister and my annoying best friend. My sister, Mia, is 3 and my best friend Sophia is 16 and she is turning 17 in a month. We're from Europe, Serbia and before you ask, no, that's not Siberia. We're moving to L.A. since my parents had to transfer, because of work. Soph's parents had to stay behind, so we decided she could tag along since we're inseparable. I'm kinda sad we had to leave my hometown because I lived there ever since I was born, but I'm also very exited because it's a completely new start: new school, new friends (doubt that), new house, new beginning. And besides people, it's the L.A.! How cool is that?!

So, back to the plane.

I'm jumping around (you've probably noticed that I'm not the the most mature 15 year old around), while Mia is sleeping on Soph's lap while she's is reading a book, typical her. Of course my parents aren't here since they have more "important business" to attend.

Anyways, I can't wait to see the new house, the new scho-

"We are now reaching the city of Los Angeles. Please take your seats"

Oh my gosh, we're almost there!

"C'mon, baby, wake up, we're almost there" my thoughts were cut off by Soph's soothing words. My baby sister slowly opened her big brown eyes and yawned. I carried her on my hip to the check-out. Once the papers were all sorted out were free to leave.

When we walked through the L.A. airport door, we were greeted by a black Mercedes. The three of us gathered inside and started our ride towards the house.

The ride was pretty much silent, since Soph was talking to her parents on the phone, Mia decided to take another nap and I was taking in the magnificent scenery. Los Angeles is truly amazing.

In no time, we arrived to the house. The car pulled in the stone covered driveway and stopped infront of the house.

Wow.

It was huge. And beautiful.

The house was surrounded by trees, so it was pretty isolated. The outside of the house was painted in baby pink and you could see that it was a two-story.

"It's beautiful" I whisper.

"Yeah, your parents went all out" Soph says softly behind me and walks inside.

The driver carried our luggage inside and that's when I noticed a small note taped on the door. It was from my parents

"Hey, hope you guys like the house. We are very sorry we couldn't greet you on the airport. See you next week!

 Love,

Mom and Dad"

I sighed and stuffed the note in my back pocket. I'm used to their absence my whole life.

The house looked even bigger on the inside than the outside. The furniture was very modern with a vintage touch.

"Is thwis our new howse?" Mia tugged at my shirt.

I crouched to her level "Yeah baby, we're gonna live here now"

"Where are Mommy and Daddy?"

"The're at work now, but we'll see them in a couple of days" I gave her my widest smile and she returned it.

"Now let's go bug Soph!"

We started running towards her and jumped on her so hard that she fell to the floor.

"Ow, what was that for?!"

"We were bored." I stated simply and  we all started giggling until Soph decided to break it up.

"Ok, that's enough you guys, we have to start unpacking."

I groaned while Mia started jumping around. Lucky her, she doesn't have to do anything, I thought and started towards the stairs to my room.

The rooms were also done very nicely. My room was purple, Soph's was yellow and Mia's was baby blue. I looked inside my parent's room and I wasn't shocked at all. I it was beige with one bed and a closet. Just like they knew they weren't going to be around.

I started unpacking my things. I really liked my room. It was simple, yet done with taste. I had a bed that was near the window that had a perfect view of the whole city. There was also a desk, a sofa and I even had my own bathroom and walk-in closet. And most importantly everything was purple. I loved purple. 

I hadn't even noticed that Sophia was leaning on the door frame.

"Do you like it?"

I simply nodded and asked:

"Do you miss them?"

She returned the gesture and I could see that she was on the verge of crying. I ran up to her and hugged the dear life out of her. She was very attached to her parents, so I knew that this move was hard for her. Unlike me.

"Hey, everything is gonna be fine, you have us, and who knows? Maybe something wonderful might happen while were here."

She smiled and I let her go.

"C'mon, lets get ready for bed, shall we?"

I nodded and went into the bathroom. I looked in the girl that stood in the mirror, brown hair, big brown eyes and a normal face. I was plain. But I don't stress about it. I love myself. Soph even says I have a big ego.

Pft, she doesn't know anything, I'm perfect.

Ok, slightly big ego.

I finished my internal conversation and went to bed. I fell asleep almost instantly.