Holo-Vampire

The vampire hunting holo-game. Beastly creatures feasting on London.

I'm waiting outside a know vampire den, the wind is restless. I fidget with the stake. The fearsome male vampire the baddest of them all is my target. A scar blemishes his face, from our previous encounter. My physique nearly matches his.

"Bennett," I shout confident.

He looks directly at me, those evil eyes find me in the dark. The same smile he gives me every time.

We waste no time with chit chat. Our battle is brief, misplacing a footing I feel his fangs puncturing my neck. This holo-game is realistic, but this felt too real. I begin to feel woozy, space sickness like symptoms.

The safety matrix must be malfunctioning.

"End game" I yelled

Nothing happened, repeating my command to the verbal interface.

I woke in the medical bay. Pounding headache, a hunger like nothing I'd felt before. One bag of red liquid materialized next to me. The Doctor's voice filled the iso room.

"Drink it," he pointed from his side of the chamber; "A powerful alien from another realm inhabited the holo-game it made the vampire character you were hunting real. You died in there. You're a -- vampire."

Challenge # 1: Sci-fi (July 17-24)