24: The Royal Squire

Start from the beginning

Sam: Why?

Thomas: I know that today's the scheduled game for UST and Ateneo, and I can't go with you. I'm on way to Tagaytay with the whole family. Please?

Sam: But, what will I do with Ahia?

Thomas: Mants, please? Just this time? I promise to go watch any game with you. Please?

I wanted to give in to his please, but the thought of upsetting Ahia kills me.

Sam: May I ask why?

Thomas: It's Ateneo and UST. Ateneo has Ravena. UST has Lo. Now tell me why not?

I like the sound of overprotective Thomas. I tried to stop myself from smiling, but it was just impossible.

Thomas: I'm not selfish, and you know that. I can share stuff with anyone, but I can't share you. I was serious when I told you that if I could only keep you with me twenty-four seven, I would.

Sam: Can you please stop being so cheesy? Baka hindi ako makatiis sundan kita dyan sa Tagaytay.

Thomas: You will? Mants, pustiso ka ba? Kasi I can't smile with you

I know this pick-up line. I've heard this a lot of times before, but no pick-up line is ever outworn when it's from the right person.

Sam: Tho naman eh. Mas matanda pa ata sa atin yang pick-up line mo eh.

Thomas: Wala eh. I miss you.

Sam: I miss you, but you went to Tagaytay without letting me know. I miss you your face.

I heard him laugh from the other line. This guy can be really weird at times.

Thomas: Kaya nga I called you eh. I'll be home early, promise. So, am I forgiven?

Sam: Fine. Lusot na. Hey, can't I really go with Ahia later?

He then remained quiet on the other line. Okay, I'm such a killjoy. I hate myself that I even asked him that question, but I suddenly wanted to go.

Sam: Hey.

Then he let out a really heavy sigh. What happened to the flirty Thomas I was talking a moment ago?

Thomas: When will you ever learn to trust me?

There goes that trust me again. I've been itching to ask him "when will you explain to me why I should trust you," but I opted not to do it and not completely ruin the mood.

Sam: Okay, I'm sorry. Fine. Will you get mad at me if I don't listen to you?

Thomas: Not mad. I can't get mad at you. I'll be upset.

My heart and my mind are actually torn right now. My heart says obey, but my mind says defy.

Sam: Okay. I won't.

Thomas: I'm holding on your word. Be safe. Anything you want from Tagaytay?

I smiled. He's always this thoughtful.

Sam: Just get home safe.

Thomas: I will. I'll see you soon.

Then I hung up. I don't know why, but I'm obeying him again. When it comes to Thomas, I'm always left with a no questions asked order. I went out of my room, and I found Ahia waiting for me by the living room.

Jeric: It's already three. Are you coming with me or am I going alone?

The look on his face was just unexplainable. He stood up, preparing to leave.