It was too weird. But it was even painful to watch Lucas force out a simple, ‘’Hi.’’

    ‘’Hi, Lucas! What up, bruh? What’s up with you, man? You good? You cool?’’ Riley rambled, creating a variety of greets to make everything seem cool when everything was even more awkward than from before.

    His features never changed nor twitched as he flatly repeats, ‘’Hi.’’

    Ryan leans forward in her seat. ‘’You know, you make this very hard to watch when you do stuff like that.’’

    Farkle wrapped an arm around her shoulder, leaning her back into the bench to quiet her. He couldn’t let her interfere. She wasn’t apart of the equation, and because she wasn’t, she couldn’t control what happens and the choices that are made between the three.

    Lucas jerks back while also shaking his head. ‘’Riley, I- I don’t even know what’s going on right now.’’

    ‘’What’s going on is that we’re gonna be the best of friends and care about what each of us has to say for the rest of our lives.’’

    Zay and Farkle eyed the brunette widely. Though, she didn’t to complicate Ryan’s end of the situation, Ryan was a very possessive person. Ryan had already filled the spot and if pushed comes to shove, she’d snap Riley out of her brainwash stance and tell her exactly who Riley really was to Lucas.

    ‘’Wha-’’

    Farkle used that same arm that was wrapped around her and clamped a hand on her mouth, allowing her head to lean on his shoulder.

    ‘’Ryan, please,’’ Lucas snaps before turning back to Riley. ‘’I thought we sort of had that, Riley. So what does brother and sister mean?’’

    ‘’It means..’’ She pauses. ‘’You know,’’ She lifts up her fist and punches him on one shoulder. ‘’Poom!’’

    ‘’Hey!’’

    ‘’Ping!’’ She punches the other.

    ‘’Riley!’’ He whines.

    ‘’Ha,’’ She grins. ‘’You said that just like a brother would.’’

    Ryan furrowed her brows, remaining in her trapped position with Farkle as Lucas asks, ‘’Well, can I hit you back?’’

    Her voice drops several octaves while shaking her head. ‘’No.’’

    ‘’Only you get to hit me?’’ He looks at her out of disbelief.

    ‘’Mhm,’’ She nods. ‘’We’re just like you and Maya were.’ She leans into his face and exclaims, ‘’Ha-hee!’’’

    Ryan Collins has never been more furious. She wasn’t aloud to speak up but neither was Lucas nor Maya. Everyone was literally on the sidelines, muted from words while Riley was handling everything and there needed to be someone to vouch another option.

    There’s always more than one way.

    And this way was full of pure void. Void of knowledge or concept.

    Maya slaps her hand against her side. ‘’You don’t even do it right.’’

    ‘’Oh,’’ Riley grins. ‘’Maya, I thought you weren’t talking to Lucas?’’

    She shakes her head. ‘’I’m not talking to him. I’m talking to you.’’

    Lucas walks up to her and asks, ‘’Maya, are you seriously not gonna talk to me?’’