III | weaknesses.

Linx in the media.
_________

"You know your man by the people he hangs with."

"Alyzai, it's just business." Sajai tried to explain, looking down at her as she sat on the porch. "You know what Jaimir did is to ensure your safety."

Alyzai shook her head, rolling her eyes. "My safety or his? He was supposed to kill me all those years ago..."

"I told y'all to clean up and what do you do? Bring me a fuckin' mess." Kase complained, looking down at Alyzai- tied up and distraught. "Look at this bitch, she looks like a snitch."

"C'mon, boss, I'm sure we can find use for her." Jaimir defended, shooting him a look.

"Like what?" Kase asked. "Because right now, it just seems like you're givin' me more reason to kill you and her. You're losing your value the more you talk."

Linx looked between the trio and shook his head, knowing this all was a bad idea.

"You know my history, Kase. You know what I've done and who I've done it for- you want to repay the debt? Keep her alive and I'll make sure she doesn't say shit, personally." Jaimir promised. "She won't even come out the house unless I'm with her."

Alyzai had no choice but to sit and listen. It seems her life was only negotiable if Jaimir did all the talking. Kase sat there, looking down at her as he thought things through. "I'll be watching you, 'Mir. If I see this bitch anywhere without you- that's both of y'all heads. You hear me?" Kase said, gesturing between him and Linx.

"Me?" Linx called out. "Oh, nah. I'm not even in this shit. Why am I being held accountable?"

"Because he's your partner and you drove back with his ass with this bitch in the trunk. You're accountable." Kase said before extending his hand to Jaimir. "We got a deal. You're lucky, sunshine."

His smirk was evil and from that moment, Alyzai swore that she never wanted to see him again after that.

Sajai pulled her hair back into a tight ponytail before kneeling down to Alyzai. "It's just business, like I said." She told her before standing back up and heading out.

Of course Sajai would side with Jaimir and Kase, she worked with them too. Her loyalty for her crew was impeccable; she had earned their trust. For this same reason, Alyzai doubted that she could trust her, herself. If it ever came down to Alyzai versus Kase, who's side would she be on? Kase.

Alyzai watched from the porch as Jaimir and Sajai got into a car, pulling off. She had promised that she wouldn't leave but Jaimir promised a lot of things too.

She waited until Jaimir's car was no longer visible before she got up from the porch and started to walk up the street in the opposite direction.

She had no transportation or money; since Jaimir "saved" her four years ago, she was basically a pet. He took her everywhere, put her to work to "pay off her debt" but she didn't get paid a cent. Jaimir dictated what she wore, where she went, what she said, and what she did. Alyzai couldn't have a cellphone, a car, or just about anything else that Jaimir wasn't providing her because he said she didn't need it. At first, she didn't mind it and quickly she found herself falling for him but now, it was different. She felt like a slave for being "saved".