The lake

Ron and Hermione POV

Hermione sat with her back leaned up against her favorite tree by the lake outside on the Hogwarts grounds. She was reading Hogwarts a History for probably the 100th time.

She didn't notice the tall red haired boy walking up to her until he smiled and said, "Hey!"

Hermione jumped and almost dropped her book into the lake.

"Ron!" she squealed. "You scared me to death!"

Ron smiled. "I'm sorry, Hermione. I really didn't mean to." He said as He pulled a bright red rose from behind his back holding it out to her.

"Oh, Ron." Hermione said smiling. "It's lovely." She took the rose and sniffed it. "But I haven't seen any rose bushes around the Hogwarts grounds. Where did you get it."

Ron shrugged shyly. "I...er...actually I transfigured it. It used to be a dandelion." His nose turned a bit red. "It's not very good though. The tip of one of the petals is still a bit yellow."

Hermione smiled and sniffed it again. "Well I think it's beautiful." She said beaming.

"Want to sit down?" She asked patting the ground.

Ron grinned and sat down next to her.

"Where is Harry?" Hermione said as Ron started tugging at the grass with his fingers.

Ron chuckled and said, "Probably off somewhere with Ginny. You saw them this morning didn't you?"

"Yes." Hermione said giggling. "They couldn't their lips off of each other."

Ron crinkled his nose and pretended he was gagging. "My crazy little sister. Who'd have thought her little crush on Harry would actually turn into something."

"You're okay with it aren't you?" Hermione asked him.

"Oh yeah. As long as they keep their snogging to a minimum around me."

Ron said Hermione giggled.

Then they sat quietly looking out over the lake. Thinking. There was so much to think about. Hermione gave a deep sigh and voiced what they both surely had been thinking. "What do we do now, Ron? Everything will be different."

"Well I pretty sure my mom is going to insist on Harry moving in with us since he doesn't live with the Dursley's anymore. I suppose he'll take George and Fr...." Ron swallowed hard and corrected himself. "George's old room."

Hermione gave him a sad smile. She took Ron's hand and gave it a little squeeze.

"Ron I..." She began but was soon interrupted.

"It's okay, Hermione. I'm sure I'll be ready to talk about it soon. But not yet." He looked out towards the lake again.

Hermione suddenly felt awkward and tried to direct the subject elsewhere. "I suppose I'll go back to Hogwarts and complete my 7th year. But I'm not sure where I'll go before that.

"Actually I meant to ask you about something." Ron said. He resumed tugging at the grass.

Hermione raised her eyebrows in question. "Yes? What is it Ron?"

"My mom was wondering...well actually I was the one wondering....but I mean I asked her about it and she thought it was a brilliant idea...and I mean it would only be for the summer and..." He stammered.

"What is it Ron?" She asked again.

"You could come live with us...we've been talking about chasing that awful ghoul out of the attic. And after we did that we could clean it up a little, and we have some old bookshelves we could bring up there, and..." Ron was interrupted by a bone crushing hug from hermione.

"Oh Ron...you all would do that for me? I can't believe it." She started to sniffle a little and wiped he eyes.

Ron couldn't take his eyes off her. She was so beautiful. And something about this moment made him remember kissing her on the night of the battle. Which of course made him want to kiss her again.

"Hermione?" He said quietly. "Remember how we...er...kissed each other the other day?"

Hermione blushed a little and looked up. "Yes, Ronald. of course I remember." She said smiling.

"Good. Er...I remember too. Wait what am I talking about of course I remember...anyway...um well. Does that mean um. Will you be..are we...boyfriend and girlfriend?"

Hermione smiled. "Yes" she said simply.

"Really?" Ron smiled.

"Always the tone of surprise" Hermione giggled as she leaned in to kiss ron softly on the lips.