The Burrow

Harry's POV

The days that followed proved to be very busy and very sad. Harry had gone to more funerals than he had ever been to. And he was relieved to have almost all of them behind him. The last one he would have to attend would be Fred's, and that one would take place after they had returned to the burrow because the Weasley's wanted him to be buried close to home.

In the days that they weren't attending funerals Harry, Hermione and the Weasley's had been helping with the cleanup around Hogwarts. Harry thanked the stars many times throughout those days that they had magic to help them with this. He knew it would have taken months if not years to return Hogwarts to it's former glory had they fixed everything the muggle way.

The last few days had been exhausting both emotionally and physically for Harry. And he was very glad that the day had come for them to return to the burrow, hoping that life might return to some form of normal. He was also glad that Hermione would be joining them. He knew that until she tracked down her parents in Australia and restored their memories, she had nowhere to go.

Harry rolled over onto his side. He was in the gryffindor common room asleep on a pallet made of blankets that had been his bed for the last few days. He had giving up his bed for people who needed it more than him such as older wizards or those who had been injured in the battle.

Harry sat up on his make shift bed and turned his head looking for Ron in his bed next to Harry's. Then he remembered that Ron had gone back to the burrow the night before with George and Mr. Weasley to bring Fred's body back, which meant Harry would make the journey back with Ginny, Hermione and Mrs. Weasley. Bill and Fleur had already made the journey back to shell cottage.

When harry looked around the room he noticed Hermione sitting in one of the comfy armchairs reading. She must have heard him wake because she looked up from her book at him. "Oh Harry! Good you're up. I was just about to wake you. Ginny has already gone down to breakfast. Do you have all your things?"

Harry rubbed his eyes. "I don't really have that many things left Hermione. But what I had Mr. Weasley took along with him."

"Oh alright. Good. Well perhaps you should change. We'd better get a move on if we want to eat some breakfast before we leave."

Harry nodded and headed for the washroom. After he had changed, he headed back down the stairs where Hermione was waiting for him.

"There you are. You look nice. Pretty exciting isn't it. Going to a new place. It's kind of like a whole new life isn't it. You're not nervous are you Harry? Because there is no reason to be. Oh but you really should.."

"Hermione do you realize how fast you're talking? It's reminding me of when me and Ron first met you. On the Express." Harry interrupted.

Hermione smiled. "I'm sorry, Harry. I guess I'm just anxious. Or excited. Anxiously excited I suppose. Come on. Let's go on downstairs."

And so they did. Ginny and Mrs. Weasley were waiting for them. Ginny smiled when she saw Harry. He smiled back. Mrs. Weasley hugged Hermione and then Harry. "Good morning dears. Are you hungry?"

They all sat down and had a quick breakfast before Mrs. Weasley asked, "Is everyone ready then?"

Harry nodded and Hermione started chattering about how excited she was, and about how her and Ginny would be perfectly happy sharing a room and they didn't have to chase off the Ghoul just for her.

"Oh Hermione dear, I'm sure that Ron has already taken care of that. He's very excited about you staying." Molly replied smiling. Hermione's cheeks turned a bright pink at this.

~

After they had said their goodbyes, Harry, Ginny, Hermione and Mrs. Weasley walked to Hogsmade village together from where they would apparate to the burrow since apparating on Hogwarts grounds was impossible. Apparating was still something Harry didn't particularly like, but he figured this was the last time he would need to do it for a while.

"Ready everyone?" Mrs. Weasley said smiling. When they all nodded she grabbed hold of their hands and Harry experienced the terrible feeling of spinning through the air in a dark dizzy manner. As quickly as he could have blink the four of them were standing in the little lake outside of the burrow. Somehow no one every managed to miss landing in it. At least when they were with Harry.

They all trudged wet socked up to Harry's second favorite place in the world. He looked up at it smiling. He finally had a home.

Upon entering the house it was about a second before Ron was hugging Hermione, then holding her hand not leaving her side.

"Cool off a little eh, Ron." George laughed. "Give the girl some room to breath."

"Shut up, George." Ron retorted still holding tight to Hermione's hand. Hermione blushed.

"Mrs. Weasley? Where shall I put my things?" She said in a small shy voice.

Before Mrs. Weasley could answer Ron answered the question for her. "Oh the attic. We've got your room all ready for you. I can take you up. Here let me take your bag."

"Just make sure you don't fool around too much up their eh, Ron?" George joked at his brother. Ron ignored him and led Hermione up the stairs.

"George don't pick on your brother and Hermione." Mrs. Weasley said scowling at him. "Harry dear. You can stay in Ron's room tonight. George is staying with us until after the...the funeral." She finished. Harry thought Mrs. Weasley looked as if she might cry.

"Thank you." He said. He didn't know what else to say. George looked sadder than Harry had ever seen him. "I'll just go upstairs then." Was all he could think to say.

And as he headed up the stairs he could hear her sobs filling the kitchen, and George doing his best to comfort her without breaking down himself.