Nostalgia vs Reality.

Lati's POV

After Emily and I calmed Amber and Sanchez down, we caught up under my tree.

It was just like old times. Emily was leaning against my flank with us just talking without a care in the world. (Not to mention she had not only a couple scalding comments, but some information I got wrong.)

Of coarse we had a couple more voices with us. I even created a four way mental link so we could all understand one another.

Amber was energetic and excitable to say the least. She warmed up to me pretty quickly though.

Sanchez on the other hand...... he acted more like most wild pokemon around me do. Treating me like a god and being almost dissapointed with the real deal. He took a good couple hours to relax around me.

As the sun set on today Emily made an interesting proposal.

"How about we have these truce days like this every once in a while?"

I smiled and nodded "That sounds nice, but how would I find you or know when we have a truce day? Plus if we do go with it I'd probably just say it's a truce day just to avoid being captured."

She pursed her lips and said "Ugh..... you and your brutal honesty again....."

I smirked and said "would you have me any other way?"

She sighed "Nah....you're perfect the way you are Lati....."

Amber asked "Why do you keep calling Latios that Emily?"

She sighed and said "It's embarrassing....."

I chuckled and said "Let me show you....."

I used the psychic link to show them my memory of the day we met.

After it finished Sanchez said "Wow..... so that's what Emily's pre evolution lookes like...."

Emily and I both chuckled.

"No silly, humans grow and develop over time..... kind of like pokemon that don't evolve." Emily said with a smile.

The Lotad simply sighed and said "Humans and those kinds of pokemon are weird......"

"I weird you out.... good to know!"

He stuttered "No-t that I m-meant anything b-by t-that!!!"

I chuckled and said "Calm down kid, I was just messing with you. And here I thought you were finally relaxed....."

He just got flustered and hid his face under the brim of his lily pad.

I nudged him and said "I may be legendary, but nothing I say should really matter that much to you. You are your own pokemon."

He growled and blew up "It's lines like that that make you such an enigma!!! At times you're just like a normal pokemon, sometimes even less impressive than a normal pokemon, and then there are times like this where you are as wise and powerful and kind as the stories go!!! The inconsistency just confuses me....."

"Pfft, last time I checked legends can be as confusing and up to interpretation as they want to be."

"Ugh.... there you go again.... you're being profound, but being so casual and snarky about it!!!"

We all had a good laugh at his frustration before I yawned. It was getting late and Emily's pokemon had almost magically fallen asleep. They both were pretty young after all.

"Time for all of us to depart. I look forward to seeing how you all grow."

Emily smiled and nodded before getting both herself and her sleeping pokemon off of on top of me.