Chapter 16 - Chaos

Start from the beginning

 I know that this shouldn't be happening, but I don't know what to do about it. I can't try and heal him because I'm afraid that I won't be able to control my abilities. Although, if it comes down to it, I may just have to do it anyway. If he's going to die from this, it's at least worth a shot.

 "Okay, well what to we do then? Emma can't heal him," said Stiles. I hung my head. "Do we just call an ambulance?"

 "What if it's too late?" Allison said. "What if they can't help?"

 "We've got to do something," I said. "I can't...I can't just stand here and watch another person I care about die,"

 The three of them looked at me, pity in their eyes. I had to blink a few times, but luckily the tears where the kind that are easy to push back. The thought of losing Scott too, after everything I've been through, it breaks me in an entirely new way. I can't do this all over again.

 "It could be psychological," offered Lydia.

 "What do you mean, like psychosomatic?" Stiles asked. 

 Lydia gave him a look before saying, "Somataformic,"

 "Som.." Stiles muttered.

 "A physical illness from a psychogenic cause," said Lydia. She looked around at all of us. "It's all in his head,"

 I looked over at Scott, who had his eyes closed and his head leaning against the wall. Could this really be all in his head? Just because of something that may have not even happened?

 "He's not letting himself heal because Derek...died," I said, stumbling over the last word. Stiles nodded in agreement.

 "So what do we do?" Allison asked.

 Lydia dug through her large purse, pulling out a travel sewing kit. "Stitch him up," she said with a shrug.

 Allison, Stiles, and I all glanced around at each other, skeptical. We're just supposed to sew him together and he'll heal? Honestly, I'll do about anything at this point. I guess if that means taking a needle and thread to his side, then so be it.

 "I'm serious," said Lydia, mostly towards Allison who seemed exasperated. "All he has to do is just believe it's healing,"

 Stiles nodded, while Allison gave a heavy sigh. It's obvious that she still really cares for Scott. She doesn't want to see him suffer like this any more than I do. But we have to try something. If it doesn't work, then I'll try to heal him. It's about the last option we have.

 Allison held the needle up to the flame of a lighter. Stiles took off Scott's shirt while Lydia and I stood off to the side in anticipation. I don't know why I feel as nervous as I do. I grabbed my cross pendant, trying to remind myself to have faith. I have to trust that Dad, Mom, and Zoe are all watching over Scott right now. I have to believe in something.

 "Where's his bag?" Allison asked, turning to face us.

 "On the bus," said Stiles. "I'm gonna get it, I hate needles anyway so, uh...do you know what you're doing?"

 Allison continued to heat the needle. "Yeah, my father taught me,"

 Her talking about her dad made my chest hurt for a moment.

 "Well like how fast can you do this? Stiles asked. "The bus could leave,"

 "Okay, just make sure it doesn't leave," said Allison.

 "We can help," said Lydia, grabbing me by the wrist. "Come on,"

 I looked back at Scott as Lydia drug me and Stiles outside. Allison has to work fast. I don't know how much longer he can hold on with a wound like that. I didn't want to admit it to myself, but the smell of pain is turning into the smell of death. It's not a pleasant scent, either.