"I need you to come to the bridge."

Alex clogged to a stop as she saw Bones, Jim, and Spock standing in one area of the bridge, Bones going into a tirade. 

"You're going to listen to this guy? He killed Pike, he almost killed you, and now you think it's a good idea to pop open a torpedo because he dared you to." 

"Why did he save our lives, Bones?" Jim glared at him. 

"The doctor does have a point, Captain." Spock eyed Jim nervously.

"Don't agree with me, Spock, it makes me very uncomfortable."

"Perhaps you should learn to govern your emotions, Doctor. In this situation, logic-"

"Logic! My god, Spock there's a maniac trying to make us blow up our damn ship!"

"I don't know why he surrendered, but that's not it." Jim shushed Bones. 

"He obviously wants something that's in it." Alex butted her head in.

Jim turned away from all of them and said, "Look, we're going to open a torpedo, but the question is how."

"But Jim," Bones objected. "without Mr. Scott on board, who exactly is qualified to pop open a 4 ton stick of dynamite?"

"Doctor Marcus seemed pretty interested in the torpedoes." Alex shrugged. 

"Who?"

"The Admiral's daughter was very interested in the torpedoes. She is a weapons specialist. Perhaps she would be of some use." Spock added. 

"What Admiral's daughter?" Jim turned around in utter shock and disbelief. 

"Carol Marcus." Alex folded her arms. "The new science officer. It really baffles me that he would allow her to be assigned to this ship."

"It's because she concealed her identity to board the ship." Spock brightened up a little knowing he was catching Jim horribly off guard. 

"Well when were you going to tell me that?" Jim asked. 

"I thought I was the only one that knew." Alex pursed her lips. 

"When it became relevant." Spock shrugged. "As it just did."

--

"Mr. Sulu? Have Doctors Marcus and McCoy landed on the planetoid yet?" Jim asked.

"Yes sir. They're moving the torpedo into position now."

"Good. Any activity from the Klingons?"

"Not yet. But if we're stuck here much longer, they'll find us."

"Lieutenant Uhura did you let Starfleet know that we have Harrison in custody?"

"Yes Captain. No response yet."

Alex followed Jim around nervously as he waited for some more news from Bones and Carol. 

"Engineering to bridge..er hello? Keptin, can you hear me?" Chekov's voice spoke nervously through the comms.

"Mr. Chekov, give me some good news." Jim sighed.

"We found ze leek sir, but ze damage is substantial. Ve are verking on it."

"Any idea what caused it?"

"Errr...no sir. But I accept full responsibility."

Jim and Alex looked at each other in disbelief. "Something tells me that it isn't."

Sulu turned around. "Shuttle is standing by, Captain."

"Bones! Thanks for helping out. Doctor Marcus asked for the steadiest hands on the ship."

Alex could almost hear Bones roll his eyes. "You know, when I dreamt about being deserted on a planet with a gorgeous woman, there was no torpedo."

Jim and Alex once again gave each other the same look, only it being of annoyance. 

"Doctor McCoy, may I remind you that you are not there to flirt."

"So how can these legendary hands help you today, Doctor Marcus?"

"BONES!" Jim rolled his eyes and Alex put her face in her hands to hide the embarrassment and anger turning her face red. 

"To understand how powerful these weapons are, we need to open the warhead. To do that, we need to access the fuel compartment, which unfortunately for us, the warheads on these weapons are live." Carol began to explain what exactly needed to be done with the torpedo.

"Sweetheart, I once performed an emergency C-section on a pregnant Gorn. Octuplets, and let me tell you, those little bastards bite. I think I can work some magic on your missile." 

"Doctor McCoy... theres a bundle of fiber optic cables against the inner casing. You need to cut the 23rd wire down, and whatever you do, you do not touch anything else, do you understand?"

"That would have never crossed my mind..." Bones answered lowly.

Alex crossed her arms and hugged them to her chest nervously, leaning on the back of the Captain's chair.

"Wait for my word....I'm rerouting the detonation processor, are you ready?"

"And rearing.."

"Good luck."

As soon as she finished her sentence, something slammed on the other end of the comms and Bones cried out in pain.

"Sir, the torpedo just armed itself."

"The warhead will detonate in 30 seconds."

"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?" Bones shouted in fear. "I can't get my arm out!"

"Target their signal, beam them back right now." Jim ordered.

"He's stuck in there!" Alex shrieked.

"Captain it cannot differentiate between Doctor McCoy and the torpedo." Spock stood up. "We cannot beam back one without the other."

"Doctor Marcus, can you disarm it?" Jim asked. 

"I'm trying..." Carol answered nervously.

"Jim, get her the hell out of here!" Bones shouted again. 

Alex cringed, just imagining how much pain he was in. "Don't you dare leave him there!"

"No!" Carol cried. "If you beam me back, he dies! Just let me do it!"

"10."

"9."

"8."

"Standing by to transport Doctor Marcus on your command, sir."

"4!"

"SHIT!" Carol screamed as the torpedo opened and disengaged.

"Deactivation successful.." Reported Spock.

Alex's chest grew heavy and her knees buckled, causing her to stumble down. Uhura noticed first, speeding up to catch her arms, and Spock also sprang into action, catching Alex by the waist. They helped her stand up, Uhura noticing the pained look in Alex's eyes. "I'm sorry, Doctor Watterson."

"Jim!" 

Everyone turned back to the main screen. "You're going to want to see this."

😦😦😦😳😳😳😳

A lot just happened and a lot is about to happen....

Be sure to comment, vote, share, and follow me for more updates from this story!! Xoxox.

~AB~