prolouge, i am the unspoken

Late night sounds usually varied from the town or place you are in, and for Will, he was not familiar with his surroundings meaning that basically anything could be going on, and he would not be prepare or of knowledge of it. The man does not know who will come out from what bush and what rodents lurk around at this time. Late night Seattle could be extremely frightening but who was he to know. Will had only just gotten off of the train that took him into the state after taking a plane straight to Idaho and found is cheaper to take the locomotive rather than another flight that would probably empty out his wallet.

Will understood that a drastic move such as from England to Seattle did have its drawbacks but he was confident that he was fully capable. The only reason he was here anyways was for a job offer in Microsoft which he was skeptical about because he wasn't one hundred percent sold on the idea of an office job, but either way but it was better than nothing. Until he was able to get a place of his own Will's friend Devon had offered to rent a room out to him in his own house which the Brit was grateful for.

One aspect Will wasn't too happy about on this walk from the train station to the nearby Starbucks that Devon told him to meet him at (Will didn't understand why the older man couldn't just pick him up at the train station) was the heavy smell of weed. The brunette wasn't one to judge, and he isn't, but it's not the most pleasant scent and definitely created an ominous realm along the dark streets in the sense that some stoned Washingtonian with a thirst for blood armed with some medieval sword  would come out from a dark alley and tackle him. Yes, it was a bit of a stretch and that circumstance in itself is heavily judgmental but hey, there's no issue with a bit of paranoia, probably.

An external sigh was let out once Will caught sight of a Starbucks that was graciously lit outside with a street lamp. He was growing tired of lugging his luggage around the vacant streets (which is surprising since it's such a busy city). Not only did the brunette have a suitcase, but also a travel backpack and a smaller bag with toiletries. Portable luggage wasn't made for moving cross continents (most of his stuff was still in his childhood room in his parent's house and it would most likely stay there).

Opening the door to the establishment, Will was immediately met with the bright eyes of the highly caffeinated Devon who was grinning wildly.

"Will!" The older of the two exclaimed pulling his friend into a tight hug and the Brit lagged on returning but eventually did. "It's been so long!"

After drawn out conversation, the pair walk back out to the cool Seattle air, "So this job for Microsoft starts tomorrow?" Devon questions, pulling the backpack off of Will's back on onto his own, relieving some of the ache from the Brit's muscles.

"Yeah, they really didn't leave me time to adjust, but it'll be okay, I can start unpacking tonight," Will admits, shooting a grateful glance at his friend who nods in response and allows a comfortable silence to fall upon them. Will uses the time to study his surroundings.

Gleaming eyes catch his attention and can't be described by color, they're so intense and seem to sink right into Will's being and draw him to them, yet he stays in place while his mind travels. They catch him off guard, but once he blinks they vanish and Will can't help but fall into an unsettling trance, so far that he doesn't realize Devon poking him in the side.

"Will, buddy. You okay?"

Will shakes his head as if to clear his foggy head, "Yeah, sorry just spaced out for a second, don't worry." He was probably imagining it, the high stench of marijuana probably was just getting to tired and jet lagged brain, it was nothing to dwell on. If anything it could have just been a stray dog.