Chapter 7

As Elijah exited that small cafe and began wandering, no particular destination in mind, he was grinning like a Cheshire cat. A real grin. A smile, as if too signify happiness. He hadn't felt this happy in... Well if he ever had he certainly didn't remember it. He tried to take the smile from his face, wanting to know he was still in control but simply couldn't.

She likes me. Was all he could think.

The way she kept glancing, the way she flushed when she spoke.

Elijah, halted and thought to himself wasn't he over this? Female's vying for his affection and throwing themselves at him? No one being able to resist him.

The answer was undoubtedly yes.

But she was different.

She's just the same as the rest..

The bitterness in his mind interceded but he squelched its pessimism as quickly as it had risen. There was quite the chance, he'd never see her again, thus, he decided never experience the feelings he was feeling right at that moment. No matter his past, no matter the bitterness. He would revel in the feeling.

She was attracted to him. Like the rest.

She was taken aback by his presence. Like the rest.

She fought the attraction. No one else ever had.

When it came to Elijah, woman simply lost themselves. It had all been apart of the "gift", and he used that term very lightly, of Immortality. Undeniable attraction.

Everyone wanted you, which Elijah came to realise meant no one truly did. Not of their own free will anyway.

They simply succumb to the emotions. Not little Miss.Mysterious thou, oh no. She spoke to him more blandly and nonchalantly than he had ever been spoken to before, even before his Immortality. He thought briefly he should be offended. But no, he was elated.

All physical signs pointed to her sharing the attraction but instead she spoke to him with barely contained malice, an acidic edge to her voice that he found strangely endearing.

He was quite exited by the thought of a challenge. A little too exited he thought as the abdominal region of his pants became considerably tighter. He began imagining again what it would be like to bed such a woman, which reminded him, she was the woman he had found last night.

The woman in the middle of the road! She was a hunter! He could hardly believe that a beauty such as herself could be a hunter, be there was no mistaking her. He'd recognise her anywhere, his arms ached to hold her again, preferably whilst she were awake, naked too, if he had his way. If she truly was the hunter he thought she was, then wouldn't that make her possibly helpful to him? His quest however futile it may have seemed. Just became his most interesting yet. If she was in fact, a key element in him completing his quest...

What does that mean?

The fates were no longer punishing him??? Surely not...

No matter. He thought. As long as he could say little Miss.Mysterious was a possible lead, he would have no excuse but to pursue her, find out more about her, talk to her.

His mind went wild with possibilities, some innocent.. but mostly not.

Before even realising it and with no idea how long he'd walked for it, Elijah found himself in front on the cafe again, having wandered aimlessly, his subconscious had brought him back to her. Coffee stone cold.

Oh bugger, I'll have to order another He thought, a mischievous grin creeping across his face. Let's see how she received him this time. Throwing his still full coffee into the bin he walked into the small cafe.

*                                                *                                                   *                                                      *

The afternoon had passed rather quickly. It had been busy in bursts, giving herself and Aria just enough time in-between to finish their daily jobs. Cleaning, re-stocking, ordering and other such tasks. Roll on 5.30 o'clock is all she could think all day. She enjoyed her job, she really did. But she also enjoyed the hunt, and given that last night had been a bit of a bust, what with her ending up passed out in the middle of the road with no recollection of how she got inside, she was keen to get back out there.

She hadn't actually heard from her contractor yet... Which was strange. Normally an email or something to alert to a new threat. She couldn't actually remember a day that she hadn't received at least one email or text with a new mark.

Why hadn't she thought of this earlier?

Stupid question...

She'd spent all day thinking about Mr.Egotistical! Him and his smug smile. Him and his perfect... Well perfect everything.

YOUR DOING IT AGAIN!

Shit!

Something could have been wrong! She'd have to go to her contractors office and make sure he was ok. She knew the dangers of such an act, revealing her identity to foes. But when she called him and he didn't pick up, she decided it didn't matter. She had to find out what was wrong. That little 6th sense she'd acquired was telling her it wasn't good.

"Aria.. Listen.. I'm really sorry.. But.." Dea began.

"Let me guess? You've got some secret business to attend too and and you need to go early and you need me to cover for you? Am i right? I'm right arn't i?" She giggled. But Dea could see not only the understanding in her friends eyes but also the beginnings of frustration. It hurt to think her friend might be miffed at her but this was something she needed to do.

"I'm sorry Aria.. It's important" Dea tried to justify.

"I know, I know. I understand. Really I do. I just wish you'd take some time to yourself once in a while. Slow down. Have fun."

"Scu..."

"Scum doesn't sleep. I know De.." Aria interrupted. She was good at that.

"Your right, so I really need to get going. I'll make it up to you I promise." Dea replied trying to sound upbeat but feeling as thou she'd failed.

"Your damn right you will! hehe, now go. Ive got you covered" she winked at Dea before turned to begin the evening clean up.

Right, time to head off

Head down, trying to busy her mind by coming up with a game plan as to how she'd handle this so as to avoid thinking of any more horrid reasons that she hadn't heard from her contractor. She grabbed her things, ditched her apron and rushed for the door.

Approaching the cafe door she pulled the door opened and rushed out, not realising until too late that someone was walking in. She collided, quite forcefully with the other person, so forcefully that the rebuff would have knocked her on her ass, had the other person not grabbed her arms securely to stop her from falling.

"Oh my goodness.. I am soo..." She exclaimed completely abashed as she looked up at the person who'd just saved her a whole lot of tail bone pain and bruising.

"Hi..." Said Mr. Egotistical.

*                                                           *                                                       *                                                     *

Author's Note-

Thats's all for today folks! hehe :) Do we love it? Or do we hate it?

Comments??

Sorry its so short!

Will make it up to you next time :)

Much love xx