Chapter 5 | In Love

Start bij het begin

After her scream died down, I pulled out my phone and called Stiles to get his ass over here while Lydia called 911.

It didn't take him long to arrive. Once he got out of his Jeep, he was screaming our names and asking if we were alright.

"We're okay." Lydia tells his obviously petrified with the discovery. "That over there, not okay."

"Yeah, alright. I'm going to call my dad." Stiles takes out his phone.

"I already called 911." Lydia informs him.

"You called the police before you called me?" Stiles says in an offended tone.

"Actually, I called you as she called 911." I clarified.

"You're suppose to call me first whenever you find a dead body!" Stiles raises his voice slightly as he dials someone's number. "Scott, Lydia and Aspen found a dead body. Throat ripped out, blood everywhere. It's like the frickin' Shining over here. Two little twin girls come out of the woods, start asking me to play with them forever and ever, I'm not gonna be surprised." He pauses for a moment. I'm assuming he's listening to what Scott is telling him. "Make sure it was them? Scott, who else is going around ripping throats out?"

"What does Scott want you to do?" I ask Stiles who's staring at the body.

"Can your witchieness tell you if Boyd and Cora did this?" Stiles looks over at me.

I stare at body, "From the moment I saw this, I knew Cora and Boyd couldn't have done this. It feels more like if he had been sacrificed."

<>

Stiles and I arrive to the hospital where Melissa McCall greets us. 

"You must be Aspen." The hispanic looking woman with amazing black curly hair smiles at me. "It's nice to put a name to a face. I heard things about you."

My eyes widen, "Uh, I hope great things."

She chuckles, "Don't worry sweetie, I know about you and I can keep your secret."

I look over at Stiles and he just nods. "Alright. It's nice to meet you, Ms. McCall."

"That's to formal." She scrunches up her nose. "Please call me, Melissa. And it's nice to meet you too."

"We can leave little Silas at the daycare center here while I show you two something." She motions us to follow her where we would be dropping off Silas.

After leaving Silas in the care of the daycare ladies, we make our way to the morgue where Melissa shows us the bodies.

"Aspen you know that Cora and Boyd didn't kill this boy, right?" She raises an eyebrow at me and I nod. "Well I think you're right." She uncovers only the upper part of his body. "See this around his neck? That's a ligature mark. That means that he was strangled with something, like cord, rope. . ." 

"Okay, wait a second. Werewolves don't strangle people? You know, that's not very werewolfy." Stiles looks between us.

"My thoughts exactly. And then there's this." She turns the head of the dead person to the left revealing a hole.