New Found Happiness

Chapter 55

 I don’t know what time it was when I woke up with terrible pains in my stomach.  I tried breathing in through my nose and out through my mouth several times.  It helped a little until the next sharp pain came and I screamed out.  I didn’t know what was going on, and I don’t really know what it feels like to be in labor.  I didn’t know who else to call so I picked up my phone and called my mother.

 "H…hello?”

 “Mom, I am so sorry to call you this late at night or early in the morning, but what does it feel like when you are going into labor?”

 “What do you mean, are you having the baby, isn’t it too soon, who’s home with you?”

 “Slo…ughhhhhh down mom it hurts what do I do?”

 “Ok who is home with you Nikki?”

 “I’m not at home; I am at Vincent’s house, long story well can you get up and go get him?”

 “I think I can move to go and get him, hold on a second.”

 “Nikki, don’t put the phone down, keep it with you until you get to his room.”

 I got out of the bed and grabbed my stomach and slowly walked out of the room down the hall to Vincent’s room.  I knocked on the door as I called his name.  I knocked again this time a little harder in a matter of seconds he was at this door opening it up.

 “Nikki, what’s wrong?”

 “I think I’m in labor?”

 “In labor; no you’re only 22 weeks, you can’t be in labor.”

“I know something is wrong! Oh no, no, no, please I can't lose my baby”

"I know just try to calm down ok...take deep breaths everything is going to be alright."

 He pulled me into his room that was the last thing I remembered before everything went black.

 I sprang into action I caught her before she could hit the floor and laid her down in my bed.  I picked up the phone to call 911, she would need them just in case it was worse than we think it is.

 “911 what’s your emergency?”

 “This is Dr. Vincent Taricone and my girlfriend is having contractions, and is only 22 weeks pregnant.  I need the paramedics come and get her to the hospital.”

“Ok, stay on the line withme Dr. Taricone; I will have an ambulance in route to your home.  What is your address?”

“My address is 5651 E Howard Blvd, that’s in Lithonia.  How long will it be until the paramedics get here?”

 “They should be pulling up in the next six to seven minutes.  Please stay on the line until they arrive.  Is the breathing?”

 “Yes she’s breathing, oh sh*t she is starting to bleed, where are they; they should be here by now?”

 Just as I was about to scream at the operator, I heard my doorbell ring.  I rushed downstairs and opened the door and told them to follow me.  They had a body board to get her down stairs to the stretcher. They came into the room and first thing they saw was the blood.  She must have had a pain hit her because she was up holding her belly and screaming that she wanted to push. 

 “Nikki, baby don’t push, try to be still I know you’re in pain, but they need to get an IV in you to push some fluids.”

“No, no, no…just let me push please.  I can’t stop the feeling; help me Vincent please, please help me.  I’m scared,”