Chapter 4 - Monday

Dani's P.O.V.

The final bell rang for the day and all the students started filling out into the hallways.

I grabbed by backpack and exited the classroom, mentally preparing myself for the long walk home.

"Dani!" Someone shouted from behind me. I turned around to see a panting Santana push her way through the crowd of students.

"Hey, what's up?" I smiled.

"You need a ride?" She asked. "Oh no, I'll be fine. I wouldn't want to be any trouble." I replied.

She shook her head. "It wouldn't be any trouble at all. Where do you live?"

I told her and she smiled. "I live a block over. C'mon I'll drop you."

"Are you sure? I don't mind walki-"

"Are you crazy?" She widened her eyes at me. "I'm not letting you walk all the way! Come on."

She grabbed my hand and led me out of the building.

 ---

I disconnected the call as Santana pulled into my driveway .She switched the car off and turned to me. "You need a ride tomorrow?"

"Oh, no thanks. That was my uncle's call, he said he'll drop off my car later on."

"Broke down?" She asked. "Yeah. He owns a garage so..."

"Oh cool." She smiled. "I should get going." I said, picking up my backpack and stepping out of the car.

Santana rolled her window down as she pulled out of the driveway. "See you in school tomorrow."

I watched her speed off and then made my way up the porch steps to the front door. Closing the door behind me, I walked into the kitchen where I was greeted by smiling mother.

"Hi mom."

"How was your day sweetie?" She asked, pulling me into a hug.

"Not bad. Everyone's really nice there," I answered, pulling away. "And how was yours? Any luck with..." I asked, referring to her job hunting.

Her face dropped. "Not yet, honey."

"Hey, don't worry. Something will come up, it's just a matter of time." I squeezed her hand as she nodded. She went back to what she was dong and I made my way out the kitchen.

I closed my room door and collapsed on my bed. Sighing, I pulled out a book from under the covers and began to scribble in the events that occurred today.

---

AUTHOR'S NOTE

This is super short so I'll update again in a few minutes. 

I just wanted to say thanks again to anyone who's reading this. This story has over 100 reads and I'm still having trouble believing that haha :) You guys are really awesome ily