CHAPTER 2

NINA’S POV

I walk in a street, alone. I didn’t even know where I am, I continue to walk until I see a candy store. I hear rustling on my back and the hair of neck stood up, without hesitation I ran faster into the candy store without looking on my back.

I’m only meters away from the store, when the world around me slowly faded, I scream on the top of my lungs then the darkness took over.

I woke up screaming and the realization hit me… it’s already 9:00 AM in the morning. I look at my surrounding, it was a dream, a sigh escape my lips until I heard a loud grumble. Pushing the covers off my feet, I go to the bathroom to clean up.

Eating my breakfast hungrily, I thought about my name… Nina Anderson, well it’s a nice name but the name doesn’t suit me. Why? I’m a nerd. I wear long skirts, loose shirts, baggy jeans, long sleeve shirts and my glasses. Well, I really don’t have something on my eyes, but I think glasses makes me look fine and I’m kind of used to it since eight, I doesn’t take off my glasses so it’s really hard to go out without it.

Whatever… at least I have a fake name.

3 days later…

I got inside into my red mustang to go off to my new school to learn and know new things. Turning on the radio, the song ‘We Can’t Stop’ play in and of course I sang a bit, but never bang my head, because only normal people do them not a nerd.

Seeing the building of my new school, I let out a sigh of relief and parking my baby in the parking lot. I got out and pick my bag full of books and lock my car and strode in to the building.

After taking my schedule, I go to my new locker and put some of my textbooks. Walking into the hallways, I see many people looking at me as they stares say ‘what-are-you-doing-here’ I continue to walk till I reach my first class which is History.

After my one hour class in history, I go to my second class which happens to be PE, though I hate PE, I manage to get myself an ‘A’, I’m not really that bad though, but I feel like it’s draining my energy, well whatever… I need to get over this.

I took the empty seat next to a guy which I really doesn’t mind since I’m sitting next to him and it’s not like I’m sitting at him or something. He wore a black leather jacket with a white shirt underneath, black jeans and black vans. This caught his attention and turns to me with a smirk on his face.

“Hi nerd, I’m Josh Rider” he held his hand.

I just stared at his hand for a second and just smile at him.

“Why so silent? Don’t you want attention? Hmm” he said, arching one of his eyebrows

“Maybe, I’m not interested in that kind of thing,” I give him the sweetest smile I could muster “I came here,” I point to the floor “to school to learn not to waste time” I snap.

With that the teacher got in and introduced me then started her lesson.

“Nina huh” Josh said with his arrogant smirk

I stare at him for a second, noticing he had a bruised knuckles. “Yeah, what happen to your hand?” I point out

He removed his hand in the desk and put it in his pockets, I see his face fell and clenched his jaw for a second then look away before answering. “It’s none of your business”

With that I face the front to listen what the teacher says. A minute later, I feel his stare burning a hole at the side of my face I look at him, expressionless. With that we had a staring battle, no one wants to lose so we keep it up until the bell rang, sign for lunch, with that I took my bag and look away then exit the classroom.

Entering the cafeteria, I order my lunch and go outside to eat it alone. I happen to see a tree beside the school play ground I sat there and open my bag to study the lesson of my next class while eating my lunch. After all my class I hurried out to my baby. My red mustang and got home.