Chapter Twenty-Seven - Everything Falls Apart

Start from the beginning

The crowd exploded into a panicked uproar and quickly dispersed into a confused mob.  Several secret service men ran for the downed men.  The Vice President was checked for a pulse, nothing, he was dead the second the bullet entered his skull.  The Secretary of State wasn’t dead yet but the pool of blood slopping over his chair and body said he wouldn’t be alive for long.   The Secretary of State pulled one of the Secret Service men close to his mouth and whispered into his ear, “Hide the rest, we got a warning last night we ignored. This is our judgment.” With a gurgled bloody cough he too was dead.

***

“Look at that! Ha HA!”  A man in a ratted grey suit pointed an aged finger at the TV screen.  “This is perfect!”  The dark basement hid the faces of everyone in the room. The crowd was glued to the TV and the presenter in the front.  “This is our break!  Fifty years in planning with one missing piece, the target! We always needed someone strong, someone horrifying to put the blame on.  Someone out of control…. Her!  One hundred thousand strong.  We are underground, but now it’s our time to shine, our time to bring this world into a new age.  A revolution!”  He lifted his hand to his chin and rubbed his finger through several notable wrinkles.  “Yes—we tried peaceful ways to get our members into the presidential seat, it never worked.  Peaceful revolutions never will.  We three hundred here today will just be the preachers of a new age.  Go now and show yourselves to the world, build the revolution.  We will grow, we will succeed, and we will dominate!  The leaders are dead. The country is in panic, now is the perfect time to show the people there is still hope.  A new age will come upon us.  A new government will take over.  Follow that woman’s wrath and make a name for us! For a Lucarian Government!”  Lucas Brawl, the creator of the Lucarian ideal roared at his three hundred closest supporters.  He will make a name for himself.  He will change the world with his visionary government.

Taking note Lucas’ presentation was completed and their orders had been given the crowd began to disperse. “The bloodbath Mistress Damned created will only grow so much worse,” Lucas mentioned in a quite tone to a few of the remaining supporters exiting the meeting.  He went on to say he saw the girl in person, about how somehow that same night his phone conveniently went missing.  He knew how to track the phone, that the girl took his phone that night.  He had no intention to cancel the phone, to make it useless to her. He knew exactly what this girl was doing, and now how to contact her if ever needed.  He was in control.

***

Sin looked down at the little girl scared half to death by him.  The camera’s in the room where smashed and the two people previously guarding the girl were on the floor with blood still gushing out of their wounds.  Surprise, Emilia had a daughter.  This daughter Sin came across by complete mistake.  But he was certain.  Emilia hid her daughter in the same hideout as the operation for fear the monsters in Perm may get her otherwise.  It was too bad that she had a monster of her own tormenting her.  The little girl looked to be about seven and had scrapes on her knees from falling in attempt to flee while Sin slaughtered the guards.  Now the girl was pressed against a wall with Sin hovering over her. 

This will be his first show of no mercy for his Mistress.  He picked up the girl by her blond hair and she started screaming.  With one hand and drew his bladed finger up to her neck.  He pushed her up against the wall and slid the claw across her throat. He felt the girl’s warm blood run down his hand as she gagged for air through her severed throat.  Still holding her against the wall he lifted one of her limp hands and slammed a metal nail through it making sure to dig deep into the drywall behind her.  He repeated this with her other hand.  Sin moved from the body and let the rest of the blood from her neck run freely over her small white nightgown.  Her head flopped forward and her hair got drenched in the free flowing blood.

When Sin was satisfied the mess was enough he stuck a finger into the blood on the ground and held up a small sheet of paper.  He copied the symbols on the paper onto the wall, smearing the Russian message above the now dead girl.  The message was intended for Emilia and in Russian it read, ‘Death follows those who try to control it,’ it was a warning, one he hoped she would understand.  Sin flipped one of the dead body guards in the quickly drying blood then threw the messy body up onto the bed.  He smiled and left the room.  He still had a few other targets marked that may drive Emilia insane.

***

After killing four of the nine Supreme Court members, the governor of Maine, Texas, and Virginia Lilly noted her targets ran dry.  Every other governor was no long near their regular homes and it was near impossible to track them down.  She was disappointed yet at ease when she was only able to assassinate two of the five successors to the president.  Looks like her assassination over the TV broadcast to show the seriousness of her accusations forced the rest of the government into hiding.  That’s a good thing—she really didn’t want to hurt her own country.

Lilly also noticed something big happening in New York.  Riots ran through the streets and the police were unable to quell them.  Thousands of guns had spawned from nowhere and the rioter’s wielded them with pride.  With no governor or authority to take action against them the riots went without calm.  There was no one to give into the demands of the riots, and there was no one to mobilize the army or police in retaliation.  Without an opposing force the growing crowd quickly took street by street, county by county.  Whatever it was, it was spreading, fast.  The government abandoned them.