Chapter 2: Backwards Day

Start from the beginning

Alex walks out of the Men's locker room and towards the Woman's locker room to change. After she changes she walks back out and spots Norm standing there waiting for her. "You ready to get back to work?" he asks. "Gosh, Norm. Not if you give me a heart attack first" she jokes as she places a hand over her heart. "Sorry" he laughs as they begin to walk down the hall. "I've been ready, for a while" Alex admits as she follows Norm towards the briefing room. "Stay here" Norm then demands as he walks a couple steps over to the entrance of the briefing room. "Okay, Team One! Good news" he starts as he looks back at Alex and tells her to come towards him. She walks into view and she hears gasps. "Alex's here, has passed her physical. Meaning she is ready to come back to work" Norm explains as the team claps and cheers. "Let's do this" Alex snickers as she walks over towards Eddie and Greg, giving them both a hug. "Welcome back, kiddo" Eddie smiles.

"Ed, we patrolling today?" Wordy asks as he looks over at Eddie confused. "Alright, listen up. The El Colera gang has three strongholds. We are gonna split up and cover 'em all. Boss wants us out in five, so let's go, ladies" he explains quickly as the team look at him still half asleep. The guys walk out of the room and Alex stops beside Alex with her arms crossed over her chest. "That, was offensive" Jules states. "Agreed" Alex nods before they both laugh and walk out of the briefing room following behind the guys. "Let's go! Let's go! Let's go!" Alex cheers as she claps her hands and looks at the team. "That's the spirit" Eddie shouts from in front of them. "That's right, these two ladies right here, have way more enthusiasm then all of you ladies up there!" Alex shouts, causing both Eddie and Greg to look back at her and laugh. 

Alex climbs in her car and Wordy get in the passenger seat as Spike and Lou get in the car in front of them. Sam and Jules, and then Eddie and Greg were also in front of them. "Let's do this!" Alex says excitedly. "Wow. It's like you went crazy not being able to work for two weeks" Wordy snickers. "You have no idea" Alex admits as she drives out of the garage.

In Sam and Jules car, Sam looks over at Jules and smiles. "So, you want to cook tonight? Try your new barbecue?" Sam asks as Jules points to her headset worried. "Relax. We're off" Sam laughs. Jules shakes her head and smirks. "How did it go with the guys this morning?" Jules questions. "Fine. Don't worry. Anyway, who cares what we do?" Sam answers. "Uh, the Sarge, the chief, the commander. The rules" Jules advises quickly. "Alright, but the thing is-" Sam begins to say. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. It's nobody's business. We're professionals" Jules sighs. "Absolutely. You are entirely professional. Me, I'm just here for the sexy sniper chicks" Sam chuckles as he looks over at Jules's serious look. "Come on! Alex and Spike can go out and party. They don't care" Sam whines. "Alex is a role model who I wish I could follow. I'm just not that person, Sam" Jules admits. "And Alex jokes around with Lou all the time. Everyone believes she's just doing the same with Spike. It's an easy cover" Jules continues, as Sam continues to dive. 

"You doing okay?" Greg asks as he looks over quickly at Eddie in the passenger seat, then back at the road. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm good...I'm good" Eddie says as he takes a deep breath. "'Cause, uh, the other day at the station-" Greg begins and Eddie quickly takes off his sunglasses. "Oh, come on. Here we go" he smiles as he looks at Greg seriously. "What?" he then questions. "Look, I'm just saying. You look through the scope, and you see things that aren't there. Maybe you need a break from the action. When was the last time you had a day off?" Greg explains. "I don't need a day off!" Eddie snaps. "Hey, we could all use a day off, Ed" Greg argues calmly. Eddie nods and chuckles. "Alright, thanks, Oprah. I forgot what a joy it was to ride with you" he smiles as he puts back on his sunglasses.

Alex looks over at Wordy and smiles. "You do not know how happy I am to be back behind the wheel of this SUV" she snickers. "I have a feeling I do" Wordy laughs. "Team One, gear up. Hot call. Possible home invasion, Sixteen Lakerock crescent" Sally states through the headset. Alex looks around. "We're real close, Sarge" Alex admits. "Sally, what did fifty four division give us?" Greg questions quickly. "Uhm. 911 came in about ten minutes ago. Dispatch flagged it. There's been a wave of violent home invasions in the neighborhood" Sally explains. "Underground Boys?" Greg questions. "Same grid. Copy that" Sally replies.