Chapter 14 "I love my Li-Li!"

Start from the beginning

“I have thought about it… But I can’t do it… It kills me enough leaving her with Lou for a couple hours… Bekah kills me, but I couldn’t ever leave her alone with someone besides Lou or the lads, or you…” I admitted and Paul nodded understandingly.

 ~~~

Later we were waiting backstage for an interview. Bekah was tired and grumpy because of how early we had to leave the hotel, and because the interview was in the afternoon Bekah hadn’t been able to take a nap yet. We were getting ready to go on stage and Bekah wouldn’t let me go.

“Bekah please, I need to set you down now. I have to go for a minute.” I tried to get Bekah to loosen her grip around my neck.

“Nooo!” She whined, burying her head in my neck. I sighed and sat on the floor with her.

“Bekah babe I’ll be back in 15 minutes, then we can go take a nap. But you have to let me go first.” I said and finally got her arms off me. I stood up quickly before she could register what was happening. When she did she started crying which quickly turned into loud wails.

I sighed slightly and bent down to kiss her head before backing up as she made grabby hands at me and continued to wail. I looked up as I heard a slight knock at the door and saw both Liam and Paul standing there.

“Niall, hate to rush ya but we got 5 minutes till ya go on.” Paul said and I nodded.

“Everything okay with her?” Liam asked and I just sighed.

“No… She’s tired and I know she won’t stop crying till I can get her down, but I don’t have enough time… I’m afraid she’s gonna follow me and if someone tries to get her out of the studio she’s just gonna make herself sick from crying.” I admitted “I wish there was a way to get her to stay quiet so she could still be in the studio with me, but I know the only way that’ll happen is if she stays by my side through the whole thing.”

“Well, maybe we could do that… I’m sure they wouldn’t mind. And she’ll probably fall asleep. You’ll just be sitting in a chair answering some questions. I’ll go ask real quickly.” Paul said and disappeared quickly.

I walked back over to Bekah with Liam right behind me, I picked her up and started rocking her as her wails slowly quieted down and she sniffled into my neck. Liam walked up and rubbed her back which got her to turn slightly and grab at him, clutching his shirt but still holding tightly onto me. Liam smiled at her slightly, stepping a bit closer before wrapping one arm around me and the other still rubbing Bekahs back.

“Alright lads come on, this isn’t a cuddle party! We’ve got work to do, grab Beks and get out there, they’re on air in two minutes!” Paul’s rough voice broke through our little moment or whatever.

We nodded quickly and hurried out of the room to join the lads back stage. As we waited to be called on stage I cleaned Bekahs face up with slightly shaky hands. This was the first ever interview with Bekah, sure she’d been mentioned but she’d never actually been in one before. I continued to wipe away nonexistent tears till my hand was replaced and there was a stuffed bear between me and my daughter. I looked up and saw Liam holding out a bear for Bekah which she quickly took and cuddled as she laid her head on my shoulder.

“Niall, relax, she’ll be fine. It’s just an interview.” Liam said and rubbed my arm slightly. “Besides once she gets over all the cameras she’ll fall asleep in no time. So just relax, yeah?” He asked and I nodded, giving him a small smile.

He kissed my head and turned me around as our names were called. Louis walked out first, then Harry, then Zayn, then Me with Liam following close behind. As I stepped into the spot light and walked towards the couch I heard small gasps and mummers from the small studio crowd. I held Bekah closer as I sat down quickly on the couch between Zayn and Liam. Liam draped his arm on the couch behind me, moving a bit to give me a bit more room and I gave him a grateful smile.