Eagles Chapter 11

CHAPTER 11

Coming Together

"Hey Andrew, come and sit with us," I offered and pointed to a seat next to me.

He came over, taking the seat where Celso usually sat. He was sitting alone today, looking extremely frustrated and fatigued. Belinda too looked tired, like they had stayed up arguing all night. I felt slightly awkward at the prospect of being the cause of their fights. She did nothing when Andrew sat down next to her, only looked at him and then back down at her macaroni.

Celso looked down at his food at the table over, looking exacerbated from his lack of getting anywhere with Belinda for the past few minutes.

Soon, a girl who had long blonde wavy hair, and wore a cake load of makeup and very skimpy blue and green outfits came over to sit by him. It was Jessica, the wannabe. As she sat down, Celso looked at her, sighed, and put his head in his hand. She sat up straight next to him, smiling and breathing so that everyone could hear. I laughed a little and tried not to make a scene next to Andrew.

The rest of the day was normal, except that Andrew and I actually spoke. My mom had agreed to pay for a new pair of glasses for him, so after school he had set up an appointment. This would undoubtedly put him out of my reach for at least an hour. I silently cursed the eye doctor. Why did she have to be so far away?

So, after school, with nothing better to do, I went home and did some of my homework.

After dinner, the doorbell rang and my mom shuffled to the door excitedly, "That must be Mrs. Camper," she said.

I looked up. "Huh?"

She opened the door and in walked Andrew and his mom. He had gotten new glasses that indeed looked far better than his old ones, and now seemed to walk with more confidence.

"Hi!" my mom said cheerfully, "you got those fast, normally you have to wait a week."

"Hello, yes, the doctor was very kind; she gave him a pair of glasses from her emergency pile to wear until his new ones come in."

"Luckily, the ones I got, we found out, were really similar to these, so I should be used to them when they come," Andrew spoke quietly.

The rest of the evening was a blur. My mom had uncovered from Andrew's mom that Andrew's dad, Rylan, had passed away in a car accident a few years ago. Unbeknown to her, Rylan had also had the fate teacher curse, and had accidentally given it to Andrew. Andrew and I also discovered that both of our moms knew each other somehow, through the Old City.

My mom had also decided that Andrew wasn't dangerous.

By the end of the night, it was decided that Andrew and his mom would be welcome to stay at our house until my dad came back, for company.

I tried to hide my nerves behind my mug of hot chocolate. I didn't work to well. I spilled all over my shirt.

"We have a room downstairs for Rose when she's transformed, Andrew is welcome to use it as well if he wishes," my mom was saying as I got up to get a napkin.

"I'm sure we can trust them," Andrew's mom smiled.

As I sat back down, I looked at Andrew, whose head was shaking in his hands. He was laughing.

I sighed and excused myself. I stood up and motioned to Andrew to join me. He stood and walked with me downstairs to the forest room. In the hallway, out laughter reverberated from the walls, and I fought the urge to grab his hand. When our laughter finally subsided, I opened the door to my room. We entered and upon sitting by a tree, I asked the only question I could find.