Chapter 11 - Salvation

Previously . . .

In "Old Wounds", Klaus appeared behind Freya and Keelin outside the Chase house.

Klaus: (voiceover) "I am Klaus Mikaelson."

In "Old Wounds", Klaus looked at Marcus, his eyes glowing gold with protruding veins.

Klaus: (voiceover) "Hybrid."

In "The Feast of All Sinners", Klaus leaned closer to Hope and kissed her forehead as she laid in bed.

Klaus: (voiceover) "Father."

In "The Feast of All Sinners", Nina and Klaus were getting married in the compound, sharing a passionate and sweet kiss.

Klaus: (voiceover) "Husband."

In "Voodoo Child", Hope sat up with her eyes glowing blue.

Klaus: (voiceover) "To protect my daughter from an ancient evil called The Hollow."

In "The Feast of All Sinners", Nina sat in the middle of a sigil and cradle Hope in her arms, still wearing her wedding dress. Blue light was expelled from Hope's body and hovered in the air before it divided and shot into Klaus, Kol, Rebekah and Elijah, disappearing into their chests.

Klaus: (voiceover) "My siblings and I made the ultimate sacrifice."

In "The Feast of All Sinners", Vincent looked at the Mikaelsons. "When this spell is over, you gotta get away from each other and you have to stay away from Hope."

Klaus and Elijah looked at each other, nervously.

Rebekah exhaled, nodding. "Always and forever. We had a good run."

Klaus: (voiceover) "I had to say goodbye to Nina and Hope."

In "The Feast of All Sinners", Nina and Klaus looked at each other, heartbroken.

"I love you," Nina said.

"I love you too, little wolf," Klaus replied, looking torn.

Hope looked at him and sat up. "Daddy?"

"Hope, I love you," Klaus told her, rushing away.

Nina and Hope watched him leave, feeling shattered.

"Dad!" Hope called as Nina held her tight.

Klaus: (voiceover) "For five months, I kept my distance and battled the lonliness I felt."

In "Family Secret", Klaus walked past the Fountain of Orion and drank from a bottle of bourbon.

Klaus rushed to stand in front of a girl and transformed, feeding on her until she died. He let her body fall to the floor and looked at her with a tortured expression.

In "Family Secret", Klaus was painting a portrait of Nina. Growing angry, he threw the canvas to the ground and tipped over the table behind him. Then he grabbed the easel and smashed it against the wall multiple times before letting it go and sliding to the floor, holding his head as he cried in anguish.

Klaus: (voiceover) "Until my daughter reached out to me."

In "Old Wounds", Klaus answered his ringing phone.

"Dad?" Hope's voice rang out.

Klaus was surprised. "Hope?"

Klaus: (voiceover) "And I learned that the love of my life was in danger."