Min Yoongi (The end)

Start from the beginning

"Don't." I warn him. "Don't say it." 

"We weren't meant to be. This was a mistake." Yoongi looks back at me now as he said those words. This time though I look away, starring back at my hands that hover over the keys, but I don't hold back. Not anymore and press on the keys. A dark eerie tune enters the room and in frustration I smack my hands onto the keys some more. 

I continue banging my hands against them until Yoongi comes up behind me warping his arms around me holding me back from doing any further damage. "No." I mutter trying to pry myself free from his hold. 

"Mika...please stop." 

I shove him away from me hard and I end up on the floor, looking up at him I shake my finger. "Your in love with someone whose dead. Someone who can never love you again. Who never loved you." I spit the words out like venom watching his face contort in pain and agony in repeat as he processes the words. I hate seeing him that way, he was never one to show emotion but when it came to her...he was clear about how he felt. 

I pick myself up off the ground and make my way over to him, running my hands through my hair pulling the hair tie loose as my hair falls to my sides. "Ya, Yoongi." He looks up at me puling him from his thoughts. 

I closed the gap between us, his eyes linger over me and I felt his hand linger over the red lipstick on my lips. But he doesn't touch me and doesn't say a word. ""Should I die too?" His eyes widen. "For you to love me?" I felt the pain in my chest surge through me.

His eyes widen and before I could even react he puts a hand on either side of my shoulder spinning me around and throwing me against the wall. "Ya!" He shouts at me, anger written all over his face. "You think it's a joke?" 

I laugh at his face, my eyes watering up. "I'm your joke aren't I?" 

His eyes scan mine, as if not believing the words that leave my lips but I stare back at him now with just as much of a challenge. Suddenly without another word he leans in and places a kiss on my lips. Short, soft, and sweet. Pulling away from me, his nose pressed against mine while looking me in the eyes his breath warm against me as I press the palm of my hand against his chest. 

His heart was racing. 

"You hurt me you bastard! You made me believe in such stupid things!" I continue but Yoongi shouts over me, silencing me. 

"I should have fallen in love with you." I gasp feeling my heart stop, a choking sob escapes my lips. "That's what I thought every moment I spent with you." Another kiss against my lips. "You were everything I needed. Warm, kind, beautiful, and alive." Both my hands reach for him now, cupping either side of his cheek as he looks me deep in the eyes. 

"Mianhae." He whispers against my lips. 

He kisses me deeply now, feeling every inch of me swarm with nerves as my heart raced, my skin danced and our eyes lingered over one another. I could see it now, the vision of what could have been if maybe I had told him it had been me all along who asked to meet him that day my supposed best friend confessed to him. 

Maybe even then I should have told him. 

I should've shouted it at the top of my lungs but instead I let that along with the anger become swallowed up in a form of a kiss. A kiss that stole not only my breath but my heart. I drowned in it, drowned in the kiss knowing it would be my last. This man who was loved by millions who loved someone who no longer lived and fell for someone he could never truly have was pouring his heart out to me. 

The kiss continued until neither one of us could speak. 

It wasn't the throbbing of my lips, nor the soreness of my back from being pushed against the wall as he tried to hold more of me when he held me all in his arms, it wasn't that the reason why he ended the kiss. It was the sound of the wind blowing, the piano creaking and the birds flocking that let us know we were still alive, that this was all real. 

This was what had become of us. 

Two lost souls feeding of each other, trying to survive and fool one another while falling in love. He was right, we weren't meant to be. Maybe someday in the near future we'll meet and maybe then when both our souls have healed could we fully be together. 

But now as he let go of me, kissed the crown of my head and whispered those three cliche words into my ear did I realize that my one sided love hadn't been one sided after all. We just fell in love at the wrong time. Met at the wrong time. 

Everything about us now was wrong. 

And as he walked away, I starred at the back of him. "You'll come back for me someday, right?" I asked him. 

Yoongi turned on his side a smile on his face. "This is the only place I can come back to when there's nothing else." 

"Don't run from it anymore." I say. 

His smile turns grim. "You know...I'll always think of you now, right?" 

My heart fluttered. "Conquer the world Suga." 

He scoffs, rubbing his nose with the back of his hand and just like that he took his final steps out the room while I stayed behind listening to the sound of the wind blow and buried my face between my hands. "I love you too." I sobbed. 

We made our peace that night with the past and as time passed our worlds grew further and further apart. Never to hear from each other again but just trying to heal. 

I no longer blamed anything on my best friend. She had no fault, we were both young and foolish. But I always held this hope that one day that odd soul would find his way back to me when he needed me of course, and only then will we ever find out if maybe what could have been should have been something great and beautiful. 

But until then we'd live to the fullest. 

-the end-