Author's Note

Sorry this is not an update :(.

I just wanted to let you know that I have a new story that I'm starting and hoping that you may be interested, it's called Where the Wild Roses Grow and I'd love it if you checked it out :).

It's only going to be a short story, well in my head at least and is loosely based on a song that is a favourite of mine by Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds ft. Kylie Minogue and it's called Where the Wild Roses Grow (omg shocker :0)

Here's the description:

They call me The Wild Rose,
But my name was Elisa Day.
Why they call me it I do not know,
For my name was Elisa Day.

(Yes it is just song lyrics ... very inventive I know)

And here's a sneaky peak extract:

***

I stared at the large building before me, nondescript and bare yet this is where I was being taken according to the yanking of the rope around my wrists. The man leading me knocks, not on the large front door but on the side door, invisible from the road adjacent. The door opens and a huge, burly man steps out, muscles rippling; he glances at me: cruel, empty, grey eyes linger for a second too long before swinging over to my captor. His gaze remains steely and the man seems to shrink beneath it, his proud smirk diminishing. Suddenly, the larger man breaks into an large grin and hauls the shorter into a bone crushing hug, lifting him off his feet, a deep laugh echoing off the warehouse walls. With his feet firmly back on the ground the shorter man releases a few of his own breathy wheezes to accompany the great guffaws emanating from the muscled man.  

A few words were exchanged, none that I heard, and we were whisked inside the warehouse. I was dragged along a maze of corridors as music echoed through the building, the bass thumping in my chest nearly drowning out my frantic heart. I was lead to a long room filled with scantily clad women and my captor called for a woman named Silkie. A woman with skin the colour of caramel and thick black hair to her waist pranced over to us. Once again a few words were exchanged and were again unheard by me.  

***

I understand that many of you won't have actually read this after you realised that it was not an update :( but I thank you if you did :).

Time for a little positivity and spreading of love. I LOVE ALL OF YOU FOR READING MY BOOK(S) IT MEAN THE WORLD THAT THIS ONE IS NEARLY AT 7K READS WTF IS THIS EVEN REAL. YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING AND FLAWLESS AND ARE ALWAYS SLAYING AND I LOVE YOU ALL SO SO SO SO SO MUCH YOU GIVE ME THE MOTIVATION TO WRITE MORE OFTEN (even though I don't do as much as I want to) ... just thank you ...

Love, Isla-Beth xxx