Chapter 9: Rising Fear and Falling Reign

Start from the beginning

When I awoke it was a literal nightmare. It was dark and I saw my friends in front of me, dead. Ray, Ollie, Dad, Barry, everyone but (F/N). Then I saw (him/her) in front of me being held by Scarecrow. I yelled “Let (him/her) go you bastard!”. I tried to lunge towards (him/her) and knockdown Scarecrow but I was held back by chains. I struggled to get out and I saw the worst happen. Scarecrow killed (F/N). Everyone was dead, and there wasn’t anything I could do about it. I started to cry. My (boyfriend/girlfriend) just got murdered in front of my own eyes. And when I thought it was over I saw my Dad wake up. He said "Why weren't there when Laurel died? Where were you when we were attending her funeral? I thought you cared." He then laid back down and I saw blood spread on the floor. I was feeling like I just felt death and isolation again. I felt like I was on the Queen's Gambit dying alone in the water. It was all my fears playing out in front of me like a horror movie. And I wanted out. But it kept going and going. I tried to conquer it but to avail. It took so long for me to sleep for good in the nightmare.

Your POV

Grodd was a pain in the ass to deal with. He detected your every move like he could see the future. The team was fighting off the others and Firestorm managed to takedown Deadshot and attempt to stop the machine. You were heading in for a knockout blow to Grodd’s temple but he hit you with a psychic attack that felt like your brain had a nuclear bomb that just went off. He burrowed his way in your brain and looked around for anything and found your secret: your love for Sara. He smirked and started to laugh. It was so maniacal that everyone looked at him as he held you up by your head. Everyone stood in shock and listened. Grodd said “It seems your friend has been hiding a secret from you.”. He then said like a confident king “He’s dating Sara Lance, The White Canary.”

You awoke long enough to see everyone in shock but your eyes didn’t focus on them. Instead they darted towards Sara. She was knocked out and by Scarecrow. Your rage from the night that Bane attacked returned but this time more powerful. Your body illuminated blue and white blinding Grodd. Your body looked like it was cracking open but you felt nothing. Everyone looked at you terrified, even Scarecrow. You started to float in the air and feeling like a literal deity. You took out your sword to contain the massive amount of power surging through you. When the light that was your body dimmed down everyone saw you. You were a glowing blue deity with a giant electric sword. You landed on the ground and everyone started fighting again. You turned to Grodd and launched a lightning bolt in his chest knocking him back. Scarecrow looked at you in terror knowing you would go for him next. After knocking out Grodd you turned to face Scarecrow.

He was horrified and attempted to run. You flew straight into him and brought him to the ground. You start punching him repeatedly in the face saying each time “Die!” You stop after 15 punches and say out of breath and slowly returning to normal “How do I get it out of her?”. He says weakly “It’s fear toxin. It has to run it’s course.” then proceeding to laugh. You punch him again. You say with more rage in your voice “How do I get it out of her now?”. He then says, terrified “Hope.”. You head butt him, knocking him out and then quickly lost your rage.

You head to Sara saying soothingly “Come back to me. I know you can hear me. I love you Sara. Whatever you’re seeing it’s not real. Follow my voice.” You start getting worried noticing she hasn’t moved. You start crying. You take off your mask and kiss her. The Society was beaten but you cared about Sara and bringing her back. You pull away to see if she has woken up. You notice nothing and proceed to hold her close to you. Your heart was broken. The only woman you ever loved has been taken from you and all you can do is cry and say “I love you.” While you are holding her close you feel movement around your waist. You look down to see Sara’s hand moving. You smile and see Sara open her eyes. She looks at you and says “(F/N). What happened?”. You look at her and say contently “We won.” She smiled and kissed you unaware that everyone was watching you two. After some moments of silent kissing Mick interrupted by clapping his hands and saying “I knew you could do it Sparky.”. You both looked at everyone and said “Well at least they took the news nicely.” she laughed and continued kissing you.