Part Thirteen - Half a Year

'She's beautiful.'
          He says, as if he has always know it to be true.

'God, she just has it all figured out.'
          Does she? I thought I did, at one point as well, because you had told me so.

'I wish you could meet her, I bet you'd love her.'
          I'm not sure I would, love, because envy is a cruel being who plants itself in you when you pray it wouldn't.

'Aren't you happy for me?'
          I am trying so hard to be. I'm always happy around you, and I will continue to be, but no. I'm not happy that you have found someone else.

'I know it's hard to get over me.'
          It's hard to get over you? get over yourself. You can't.

'I loved you at one point, I guess I just stopped.'
          I understand that this how it works sometimes, but that doesn't mean it hurts any less. You still left, and I still felt it. You flipped my world upside down only to disappear, and now I'm lost in my own head. I'm no longer sad about us. I got over you, I just didn't get over all the memories that still haunt me. You were part of my life for half a year, and us having lived such a short life already, it's hard to forget something like that.

'I'm just not okay right now.'
          Neither am I, but you learn how to deal with it. Heartbreak won't kill you. You'll be just fine, love.

-
This poem is a string of things one of my last exes said to me after we ended our relationship. These are the things I wished I had said instead of silence.