I ran out the hotel and into the car. I started the engine and began to drive to Ash's house. Luckily the hotel isn't that far away, so it won't take me long to get there.

I arrived at Ash's and parked right in front of the house. I ran up the steps to his small house and didn't bother knocking because the door was already open.

"Ash," I yelled his name loud enough so that anyone in the house could hear me. I heard foot steps amd soon enough Ash had stepped into the room. I grew extremely worried at the sight in front of me. His face and shirt were literally covered in blood. He looked like he got into a fight, but i couldn't tell for sure. But he looked completely out of it, making me worry even more. "Oh, my God. Ash, what the fuck happened?!"

"I got in a fight with Jason and Chase," he answered. His voice held no emotion. It wasn't panicked like before. It was just blank.

"You got in a fight with Jason and Chase? Why? How?"

"That doesn't matter right now. But my m- my mom, sh-she," his voice began to crack and tears began to spill from his eyes. I stepped forward and lifted his face up so that he was now looking at me.

"What happened to your mom, Ash? Where is she? Tell me."

"Sh-She's in the living r-room. I can't tell if she's breathing or not. I don't know what to do. My phone broke a-and-help me please, Miya. Please help me," he pleaded, grabbing onto my shoulders.

"Take me to her," I told him as I began to get my phone out and dial 911. He led me into the living room where she lied on the ground, not moving.

"Hello, 911, what's your emergency?"

"Hi, I'm at my friend's house and his mom is lying on the floor. We can't tell if she's breathing or not. She's not moving. We need an ambulance right away."

"Yes, ma'am. What is your friend's adress?"

"Uh, it's 6123 Cherwood Road. Please hurry," I quickly hung up the phone and knelt down next to Ash's mom. I began to check for a pulse but there wasn't one.

"I-I don't know what to do," Ash cried. I looked up at him and pulled him into my arms. "She's the only family I've got. I can't lose her."

"Shh, shh. I know. But it's gonna be okay. It'll be okay, Ash," I tried to comfort him the best I could. But, deep down I knew that it wasn't going to be okay.

Soon enough the ambulance came. Ian was one of the EMT's and rushed over to Ash and I very quickly.

"Miya, what happened," Ian asked me.

"I don't know. Ash called me telling me that he needed me. So I got here as quick as I could. Ash isn't sure what happened either," I explained.

"Where's Carl? Weren't you guys together," Ian asked, with a confused look on his face.

"He didn't want to come," I mumbled, but it was obvious he heard me because he gave me a sincere look.

"Okay, we're going to get her to the hospital. Are you going to meet us there," Ian asked as the other EMT's took Ash's mom away on a stretcher.

"Yeah, we'll be right behind you," I told him.

"Ash are you going with your mom or me," he was still laying in my arms, but he wouldn't lift his face up.

"I'll go with you," I heard him say.

"We'll meet you there. Just get her to the hospital," I told Ian. He nodded and quickly got up, running out of the house.

As soon as all the EMT's and paramedics were gone, I lifted Ash up and walked him to the car. We both got in and started driving to the hospital.

"Once we get there, we'll need to get you cleaned up," I told him.

"Why didn't Carl come," he asked, ignoring what I just said.

"It doesn't matter," I answered, not wanting to tell him what Carl told me.

"It does matter. Does he still hate me?"

"He doesn't hate you-"

"He does hate me. He hates me because of what I did to you. I deserve it, though."

"No you don't, Ash."

"Yes I do. I don't even know why you forgave me. I don't deserve to be able to call you my bestfriend. I don't deserve to have you in my life. You didn't deserve what I did to you."

"It doesn't matter anymore. That was in the past. I forgave you because you proved to me that you were better than what you did. You were fucked up that night and when you're fucked up, your brain shuts off and you do stuff you wouldn't usually do. I'm the one that doesn't deserve you because, Ashton Miles Chambler, you are an amazing bestfriend. I don't know what I would do without you. So, shut the fuck up with all of that negative shit."

I could see him looking at me from the corner of my eye. I could see the sad smile he had on his face. I knew he was crying. But, I couldn't look at him. Not only because I was driving, but because if I saw him crying, I'd cry too. And right now I have to stay strong for him.

-

a/n: ...thoughts?