Chapter 25

/

Ella clenched her jaw as the first wave of pain hit her. She had read the books about contractions but nothing could prepare her for this. She doubled over slightly waiting for it to be over before letting out a shuddering breath. Clint looked over at her, worry etched into his features.

"No way, not now. I still have a month left." Ella muttered placing a hand on her bump before looking over at Clint, "I cannot have this baby in a Hydra cell."

"Can't you just cross your legs or something?" Clint asked trying to lighten the mood.

Ella glared at him, "It's a baby, Clint! I don't think crossing my legs is going to cut it!"

Clint took a deep breath before walking over to her, placing a hand on her back soothingly, "its okay Mini-Stark, I will get us out of here."

Ella was about to respond when the sound of the lock on the other side of the door caused them to stare at it cautiously. Clint cursed under his breath before pushing Ella behind him gently.

/

Steve waited for Tony's signal before revving his motorbike to life and heading for Hydra. His shield was secured to the front of his bike causing the bullets Hydra shot in his direction to bounce harmless off the metal work. Steve didn't even bother engaging the agents who were standing guard; Natasha and Bruce could deal with them. Most of Hydra dove out of his way when they realised the Captain had no intention of stopping.

As soon as he within the walls of Hydra he jumped off the bike, strapping the shield onto his arm before starting off down the nearest corridor. He heard the shouts of agent Hydra as they were alerted to the presence of intruders. Tony was dealing with the other side of the base while Natasha and Bruce dealt with anyone that tried to escape. Steve could hear the roar of the Hulk behind him and he knew things were only going to get tougher.

First problem. They had no idea where in the building Ella and Clint were and they didn't have the time to search every room for them. This is where Steve came in, he was the decoy. He needed to keep Hydra busy and give Tony as much time as possible to get Ella and Clint and get out. This fight was between him and Hydra and had been going on for the last 70 years. It was time to end it.

Second problem. Making sure Hydra didn't get their hands on the serum. By now the whole of the base knew Steve was in the building and they would all be seeking him out. That also meant they would be making sure Ella and Clint were well guarded. Hydra would be expecting Steve to go straight to them but instead he was looking for the man in charge.

Steve threw his shield at an angle knocking out both the agents as they came round the corner. He didn't see the agent that had snuck up behind him before it was too late. Steve quickly moved to the side but the bullet still grazed his ribs, he didn't have time to worry about that though as the agent advanced on him. Steve dodged his fist before delivering a punch of his own. The Hydra agent slammed his foot into Steve's chest knocking him off balance. He rolled away before picking himself back up as another punch flew his way. Steve blocked it with his arm before slamming the agent against the wall, hard. He let out a small whimper as his back collided with the brick.

"Where is she?" Steve demanded glaring at the man.

"You will get nothing from me Captain." He sneered causing Steve to slam his back against the wall again.

"I'll ask you again, where is my wife?" Steve demanded again

The man laughed, "And what will you do to me?"

"It's not him you should worry about." Natasha's voice sounded out as she approached the pair. Steve looked over at her before releasing the man. He stepped back letting Natasha take his place. "The Captain asked you a question." She whispered darkly as she pressed a gun to his skull.